Turn off your power amps when upgrading

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Turn off your power amps when upgrading

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MikeShand MikeShand 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

I suppose it’s obvious with hindsight. But I didn’t. So the upgrade itself went OK, but of course I needed to recall a show to set everything up properly. I did so, and was greated by the most almighty BANG! Of course I should have realised, but the show had presumably been stored with all the band faders up, and so all the phantoms came on with the inevitable result.

Another reason to get that phantom muting working 🙁

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Would this have happened if all the channels were muted? I store my mixes with all the channels muted, so there won’t be any nasty surprises on recall. Also if you use any type of speaker processor, it’s a good idea not to unmute it until the mix is fully loaded and some low-level music is playing to check operation.

-Mark

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

I THINK it would have been ok with all channels muted. But I’m not about to try it to find out! Yes, sure, saving the show with everything muted, or at least all the faders down, is always a good idea, but in the heat of the moment I didn’t spot it:-(

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.