TubeStage as Insert

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions TubeStage as Insert

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rob T Rob T 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Dear Santa Keith and elves of A&H,

I´d like to know if it is technically possible (phase coherency, etc) to have the TubeStage addon as an insert, maybe even in stereo for some mix bus saturation. If so, please consider this as a feature suggestion.
    And please don´t forget the to make the transient controller, VocalShift and PitchDoubler available for us SQnians. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

Using inserts breaks phase coherency, by a whole 24 samples (250 us).
    https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/phase-coherent-mixing-in-sq
    As you can have the Tube Stage on every channel’s preamp section anyway, why would you need it as an insert?

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Dave,

because driving a mix bus into saturation is tonally (at least to my ears) a different sounding effect. Plus it´s easier to control, when only having to play with one addon instead of 10 (in case of a drumset vs drumgroup).
    Also you could use it differently: as channel insert as a really obvious and dramatic effect like distorting your lead singers vocals and in the group to round of transients and add harmonic content.

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

Hi Andre,

Good points.

They would have to either
    A. Make a non-deep version to use in insert points where we accept a very minor sacrifice in phase coherency already
    B. Give us a deep insert point at the start of all mixes which would be great, but I would guess the whole console latency would need to go up to maintain phase coherency

Interesting idea 💡

Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

Couldn’t the console sense the use of any and all phase changing options and align the outputs of EVERYTHING to preserve all phase throughout? (With the possible exception of individual time alignment choices)

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

If you had the console adjust latency on the fly, the latency could change with scene recalls. That could be bad. A&H’s method of setting the maximum latency is simple and robust.

Profile photo of tutu13
    tutu13
    Participant

Hi guys, have we progressed since 2020, can I overdrive my drums group or not?

VocalShift and PitchDoubler available for us SQnians

lovely 🙂

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Everything sadly Not yet…

Profile photo of tutu13
    tutu13
    Participant

No A&H saturation plug-ins can enter the FX rack (too fat), but apparently the admin is allowed to preamp on Grp as on Input 😉

Profile photo of tutu13
    tutu13
    Participant

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

At this point, I feel that the lack of a saturation plugin is the biggest missing item now that we have the PSE. Both DLive and Avantis need something like a saturation plugin that can be inserted anywhere in the signal chain, not just at the preamp!

Profile photo of Rob T
    Rob T
    Participant

+1 on this As an alternate, having a way of ganging the enable/disable across multiple channels would solve some of the headaches here. Perhaps add the Tube Stage controls to the DCAs?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.