Tube stage preamp on groups

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Tube stage preamp on groups

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Simon C Simon C 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Simon C
    Simon C
    Participant

Thats it, just wanted to do a little saturation on a parallel drum bus …

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of tutu13
    tutu13
    Participant

Hi Simon, did you find a solution to overdrive the Drums Group without physically outputting the signal?

Profile photo of Simon C
    Simon C
    Participant

Hey @tutu13, No I did not …
    Right now I am using a pair 1073 pres to drive busses or master when needed.
    I am also in the process of switching to Waves system.
    Despite that fact, I would still love to drive my busses with the onboard fx 🙁

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

Perhaps the following as a kind of “workaround”:

If you would like to use the onboard fx “Tube Stage” for a group instead of carrying an additional analog device, you could also do this with a “patch trick” that requires only 2 XLR cables.
    The group (or an aux) only serves to premix the individual channels – in this case the drums.
    In this group you create an insert, with its Send patched to two local outputs (e.g. 1/2) and Return patched to any two inputs.
    The latter are no longer used, so this group (as well as the individual drums of course) is not routed to the Main (Mix Off).
    All elements of the group, such as the processing, the fader itself and even the mute button, remain ineffective – so you can hide this group.

The two local outputs (1/2) are now connected to 2 local inputs (e.g. 1/2 – preferably stereo) via XLR.
    And from now this stereo input (1/2) is your group, can be handled in the same way and finally also equipped with the “Tube Stage”.

Maybe I didn’t consider something – then please complain. 😉

Profile photo of Simon C
    Simon C
    Participant

Yes !! Its a workaround i use quite often for routing subgroups to matrix then outputing the matrix and having it back as “master group” but to be honest i never tought on using it for getting the preamp insert haha.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.