Trouble with MIDI DAW Control on PT11 (mac) and QU-32

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Trouble with MIDI DAW Control on PT11 (mac) and QU-32

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Allen & Heath Product Support Allen & Heath Product Support 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ramonetl
    ramonetl
    Participant

Hey all I am having some trouble getting this to work. I have gone through the video setup several times, changing my qu midi channel to 14 and mac (i think) 15and setting everything up. I can start and stop PT but the commands seem all messed up and any fader i touch on the console only moved ch7 on my daw. Im trying to figure out what I messed up. if i go along the mutes rather than muting the channels its selecting them on the mix window. I upgraded from fw 1.6 to 1.7 latest release with no change. Im sure its something silly I am missing but I am stumped and my PT doesnt seem to control the faders on the console in return. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks./ Peter

Mac: quadcore 2013 Retina 15.4 w 16gb ram and 512ssd running Yosemite.
    QU-32 with both USB and Network enabled
    ProTools 11.3.1

ramonetl
    Participant

So has no one set this up?

Hi Ramonetl,

By default the Qu should be set to send MIDI on Channel 1, it will then broadcast DAW Control MIDI on channel 2.

You need to work from the setup notes in the document below and make sure you have the latest version of the A&H DAW Control app.

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/DAW-Control-Setup-Notes-V1.30.pdf

Regards
    Mike

ramonetl
    Participant

I finally just got this to work. In the DAW control I had to basically tell it to use TCPIP and then it started working perfectly. Is this normal or did you guys forget a step somewhere. This is the first time I got my faders to actually sync to Pro Tools.

Hi Ramonetl,

The Qu can send MIDI over USB and Ethernet, the TCP/IP setting is for Ethernet.

Typically you would be using the DAW Control app with virtual MIDI ports over USB.

Any chance this is a happy accident, unless you are actually using ethernet?

Probably best to drop me a line, support@allen-heath.com and I’ll help you to resolve this.

I can remote in to your machine if I need to.

Regards
    Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.