Trouble getting the Pan to work in Pro Tools from the QU16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Trouble getting the Pan to work in Pro Tools from the QU16

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of FedaRoots FedaRoots 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BassFace
    BassFace
    Participant

Hi,

I’m new to the QU16 and to this forum.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I seem to have audio working well between QU/PT and I also have fader/mute/solo control working via Midi/USB.

The one control I am missing is the pan. Any thoughts on how to get this to track?

PT11…iMac 4G x4 i7 external 4 TB Thunderbolt drive. QU rev 1.5

Also, I don’t imagine that it’s possible but it would be nice to be able to bank down to the next 16 faders in ProTools with the QU like the HUI and other controllers do. I realize that I’m asking much of a small format digital mixer that is used by most in live situations.

Thanks again!

BassFace

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi BassFace,

The Channel Strip controls, including PAN, are not mapped to HUI / Mackie Control. These controls are not part of the MIDI Strips.

As for bank up and down, you can assign these functions (as well as transport) to the SoftKeys.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of BassFace
    BassFace
    Participant

Thanks Nicola!

Not the answer I wanted…..I guess I have to revive my old HUI, consider AVID Artist Mix or spend big $$ on the Raven MTI to be able to control my PT session. I was hoping that HUI mode might include more function than fader, solo and mute.

Where is there documentation that illustrates the custom assignment of bank up/down to soft keys. I found the info on pg. 42 of the manual that shows the 7 different functions (8 including unassigned) for the soft keys. How am I to program bank up/down to go from PT tracks 1-24 to 25-48.

Again Thanks,

BassFace

Profile photo of coffeygrande
    coffeygrande
    Participant

Having the same problem: I’ve my Qu-24 running fine as a controller for ProTools (11.2.1). Everything works great except I can’t pan a channel left and right. I assumed I had something setup wrong in the I/Os. I’m not quite sure I’m reading the answer above correctly… did Nicola A&H say this isn’t possible? (!) Mixing music with no ability to pan things L/R is not ideal, obviously. Any suggestions on a workaround?

Profile photo of Mikey B
    Mikey B
    Participant

The workaround is simply to set your pan within the DAW using a mouse…. am I missing something? Unless you Intend to keep changing the pan during the mix…. Even then, automate it…

Profile photo of FedaRoots
    FedaRoots
    Participant

Hey gus, did you find a way to do this? I am trying to find a workaround for it too .. .but I couldn’t find one yet…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.