Trouble connecting GLD to DAW control

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Trouble connecting GLD to DAW control

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rudejohn rudejohn 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ofstreams
    ofstreams
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m interested in using my GLD as a DAW controller with pro tools. I followed the instructions in the manual, but the DAW control is not connecting to the GLD. I connected the GLD network port via cat5 to the ethernet port on my imac, launched DAW control, selected GLD, midi channel 2 (I tried channels 1-4, for good measure), selected TCP/IP & custom, and typed in the ip address from the GLD. It tries to connect for a minute, but then doesn’t. Am I missing something?
    For what it’s worth, I also have a Dante card in the GLD, but I’m trying the GLD network jack first, as suggested on another thread here.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

@ofstreams

Sorry to hear you’re having problems.

You may want to disable any wireless connections you have active and check that your iMac IP address is compatible with the GLD IP address.

However you should also be aware that there is currently a bug in the GLD firmware that means under certain circumstances when connected to DAW Control over TCP/IP the surface can “freeze”. If you encounter a “freeze” then I would suggest using a dedicated hardware MIDI interface until we can fix this bug in firmware

If you’re still having problems drop us an email at support@allen-heath.com

Hope this helps 🙂

Profile photo of rudejohn
    rudejohn
    Participant

Disable dhcp on gld80, give all related devices static ip’s…solved my issue when I did so after having the same problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of rudejohn
    rudejohn
    Participant

Also, if you don’t use the Dante card the gld will only be sort of a bigger midi controller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.