Transferring Saved Shows, scenes and libs between SQ5 and SQ6

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Transferring Saved Shows, scenes and libs between SQ5 and SQ6

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie WaihekeSoundie 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Hi there,
    One of the venues I work at is hopefully getting an SQ6. I have an SQ5.

When possible, I prep my shows on my SQ5 in advance on my desk and save them to USB.
    Prepping for me typically entails i/o patching, channel strip configs, FX set up, channel assignments to the layers.
    This prep gives me a head start when I arrive at the venue.

If this venue does get an SQ6 and I save my shows and scenes from my SQ5 to USB can I load them onto the SQ6?
    If so, what does it do with the channel to layer assignments?

What about going the other way– SQ6 to SQ5?
    Would be great if I could save SQ6 settings to USB at end soundcheck so that my SQ5 could be a warm standby if the SQ6 gets issues in a show.

What is possible? The manual does not talk about this- not as far as I can find anyway.
    Thank you
    Andy

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

As you can only assign 16 strips per layer on the SQ5, you will see only that 16 strips per layer on the SQ6 when you load a scene created on the SQ5.
    The other way around, where you maybe have 24 strips per layer configured, you will only see 16 strips of them on the SQ5, the remaining 8 will be truncated.
    The rest, e.g. the processing, will be the the same. Onlyif you have used some effects which are not the standard one, on the source console and they are not available on the target console, they have to replaced or removed from the processing.

WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Thank you.. that all makes sense.
    I don’t think it is possible to use the SQ App to preconfigure and save a desks settings is it?

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

I don’t think it is possible to use the SQ App to preconfigure and save a desks settings is it?

Have you read the product page for SQ MixPad?

WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Fair call.. sorry

I use it but to date only after it has been connected to my SQ5 and never used it to save anything.
    Will figure it out
    Thanks

Profile photo of Brent H.
    Brent H.
    Participant

I’ve taken an existing configuration and edited it on MixPad (on a Mac). I think it’s more than doable.

WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Actually MixPad is very good for this 🙂

Also didn’t realise there is a MixPad for desktops. Thanks Brent. Great pointer.
    For some tasks it’s quite a bit quicker working on Mixpad on the desktop and uploading to the SQ than working on the smaller touchscreen of the SQ. I like it a lot.

I could not find it on the App Store but you can definitely get it here https://www.allen-heath.com/key-series/sq/sq-software/

Andy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.