trade in

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

AH has ads saying to recycle responsibly with a picture of an AH mixer.

Suggest that AH give a price break to dealers who take old AH mixers as trade ins for a new one.
    Would likely be a good sales gimmick to also do that for other companies mixers.

Else what is the point of the AH ad saying to recycle responsibly?
    How are we supposed to recycle them if the dealer doesn’t take them as trade in?
    Is there some recycling company I have not heard about that wants them?

Is this ad to help stay out of trouble with some EU law or is this serious?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I think it is just a joke. Basically they are saying that once you see the Avantis, you will immediately want to replace your existing console with the Avantis. Once that happens, they want you to “recycle it” responsibly.

If we could get a simply firmware update, I might agree with them. But at this point, I can’t in good conscience recommend the Avantis to anyone. So far it’s been nothing but empty promises from the A&H team regarding the Avantis line.

volounteer
    Participant

@brian

Thanks.
    Color me naive.
    I actually thought they might care not just take advantage of the recycling craze to help sell stuff.

We have an old 40+ analog AH mixer just sitting next to the wall with no idea what to do with it.
    We have it covered so the dust does not affect it but that is as far as we have gotten.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

We have an old 40+ analog AH mixer just sitting next to the wall with no idea what to do with it.
    We have it covered so the dust does not affect it but that is as far as we have gotten.

Give it/donate it to a church or institution that has zero budget and is dealing with a piece of non functioning crap for a mixer.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

That had been suggested. Not really sure how to find who could make good use of it.

The mixer is working and is better than crap.
    A couple of channels are noisy but I would hope that could be fixed at reasonable cost.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

That had been suggested. Not really sure how to find who could make good use of it.

The mixer is working and is better than crap.
    A couple of channels are noisy but I would hope that could be fixed at reasonable cost.

What model is it?

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

Will have to look.
    I recall it was analog and was much bigger channel wise (size too!) than the digital one we got to replace it.
    Was out of service when I started helping the sound group at church.
    But it is on the side of the wall in the balcony so I can check the model nr.

Profile photo of Mat420
    Mat420
    Participant

You’re absolutely right. I can’t recommend anyone to buy a mixer that still has slow and faulty firmware after a year. and a&h feels no motivation to finally fix this. I can only advise everyone against buying an Avantis.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I was on the Allen and Heath main site and realized they really do have a “recycle” option for those in the UK. https://www.allen-heath.com/support/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.