Touchscreen

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Singe Singe 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Thinking about 3-rd screen option- is there support for any kind of touchscreen in FW 1.4? I recall iLive had few supported models.

ddff

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Touchscreens that are class compliant on Linux and support the dLive resolution (1024×768) should work. Touchscreens that require a driver installation are not supported.

Profile photo of love2do
    love2do
    Participant

Hello.

Any suggestion?

Profile photo of love2do
    love2do
    Participant
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@love2do
    We cannot guarantee a particular model to work I’m afraid. My recommendation is to try before you buy whenever possible or buy from a retailer with a good return policy.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

By the way- what is recommended screen resolution? I found out the aspect 4:3 looks best, so I’m after a 12″ LCD (POS or CCTV use mainly, but dirt cheap). Highest resolution available is 1400 x 1050, but do I need that high?

ddff

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

dLive outputs at 1024×768.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Anyone tried this? It would be good to create a list of tested monitors that work from the ones customers have tried and found to work…

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

At the moment NO touchscreen will work reasonably, it seems. Even the ones that are recognized won’t respond correctly, because the dLive system seems to “fake” a screen of double horizontal resolution when an external screen is attached. So 1024×768 internal plus 1024×768 external results in 2048×768 as seen by the system. Now th external screens touch mechanism is mapped to that full resolution, so when pressing the right side of the external screen, you will get the right side of the external screen, but touching slightly right of the middle of thae external touchscreen will land you on the far left side. Every touch left of the middle will lead you to the internal screen! So it’s pretty much unusable. I tried that with two different touchscreens, one I lent and one of my Asus VT168H. Both are recognized as in reacting to touch, but just not in the touched places…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That’s unfortunate, but thank you for writing back. I’ll just use a normal monitor for now I guess?

I assume that means a mouse won’t work either…

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Mouse will work. You’ll see a pointer on the external screen IIRC and that pointer will be where you click. You have to imagine the touchscreen issue I described like this: Even with a mouse pointer present, a touch slightly right of the middle of the screen will make the mouse pointer to the left edge of the external screen. So you COULD correlate touching point and actual point where the click will happen in your mind, but it’s not intuitive, as it is not where you touched.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Any update to this? It would be nice to use one of these new lightweight touchscreens that are coming out if the mapping were able to be fixed.

Profile photo of JS-Sound
    JS-Sound
    Participant

Hi, I want to push this question again – now with the RTA the additional screen got higher in the wish list 😉
    Any recommendations of screens that some of you are using already?

Profile photo of Perttu
    Perttu
    Participant

Hi,

At Hög we are using these screens on our Audio Control Packages: https://lilliputdirect.com/lilliput-hdmi-monitors/lilliput-13-inch-hdmi-monitors/TK1330-NP-C-T

The Picture quality is very good but as stated above, the touch functionality is pretty much useless. It doesn’t map correctly.

With best regards,

Perttu

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of JS-Sound
    JS-Sound
    Participant

Hi!
    Do you have one of them connected to the VGA output of the dLive directly?
    Looks as if the monitors would be connected to something else?

Best regards
    Jürgen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.