Touch and turn knob failure

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Touch and turn knob failure

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon
    Participant

The from the first day I got the sq5 (about two weeks ago) my touch and turn knob has been very non responsive. I have to make her slow turns to get it to actually make changes regardless of settings I’m trying to change. This is very frustrating and wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. Console is on firmware 1.1 and has been factory reset 3 times in an attempt to fix the issue. Please advise.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon,

I would suggest contacting your distributor as this may be hardware related. You can find their details here: https://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

This repair needs to be covered under a recall. It appears to be a common problem and after the pandemic shutdown many warranties have run out after very little actual use. Mine included.
    What say the Allen Heath deciders??

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

after all, the original message was 2018…

Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

Ove had this knob repaired on both of our sq7 consoles and 6 months or so later they both started going bad again. There needs to be some kind-of actual remedy for this malfunction.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@soundave

All mechanical controls are subject to wear and tear, though 6 months does seem like an abnormally short amount of time.
    The touchscreen rotary gets the most use and will wear faster than the other rotaries, but please contact us through support.allen-heath.com with more information about:
    – The environment the consoles are being used in (temperature ranges, humidity, possibility for dust/ingress)
    – How much use the consoles get
    – The repair that was carried out (replacement board or single encoder, by A&H service centre)

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.