Too much reverb on recording

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Too much reverb on recording

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sound space sound space 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sound space
    sound space
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    this is a very useful forum for SQ owners so thank you to you all for providing the advice that you do!

I recently bought the SQ5 and took a stereo recording from a live outdoor gig I was doing and the reverb on it was too wet. I appreciate that being outdoors I will be inclined to add a lot of reverb, and more than I want for a recording. I can add reverb later to it if I want.

So I’d like to send the signal to the SQ drive with no reverb on it. Im sure it is possible in the routing but I can’t see how – apologies up front for being a little slow. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi!

I would suggest trying a separate recording mix which can copy the LR mix or be completely independent. Here’s how to set it up:

– Select the IO key > Mix Out > USB
    – Assign USB channels 1 and 2 to a spare stereo Aux
    – Select the stereo aux and press the Routing key
    – Press the Aux Send setting button on screen
    – Change the Pre-Fade setting to All Post for a copy of the LR mix
    – Press the blue mix key for the stereo Aux and make sure the master fader is at zero.
    – Hold the Reset key and move the channel faders all to zero.

You can now either mix as normal with your LR mix and not send any reverb return to the Aux, or manage the amount if you want. If you didn’t copy the LR, you can do a separate mix for the recording on headphones.

I hope this helps!

Alex

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Hello Michael, you’ll need to:
    – setup one of the other mix outputs post fade and with all channels sending to this mix at unity gain
    – send required amount of reverb to this mix (no reverb if you want to record dry)
    – set USB patching to record this mix (instead of LR mix)

Let me know if you need more details than this.

Thanks,
    Jake

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Opps, beaten by the pro!

Profile photo of sound space
    sound space
    Participant

Brilliant guys – i assumed it would this straight forward.
    cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.