Toggle solutions

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Toggle solutions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Dan 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gyuri
    Gyuri
    Participant

Hi all.

I am rather new here, so maybe these items are been discussed yet.

Isn’t there a way to implement a toggle system to accomplish some functions?

I mean, suppose that all the input channels of the whole band (a big band in my case) is muted by a mute group, and the singer want to check out some things between the soundcheck and the concert, or there is someone who suddenly appears before the start of the concert to make an announcement in the singers mike. In those cases I need to unmute the whole mute group because there is no possibility to isolate one channel momentarily. But if there was a way to toggle so I could unmute/mute/add-again-to-mute-group that specific channel my problem would be solved.

The same thing goes up to reach the compressor/gate/eq etc… One push on the appropriate knob to see the processors screen, next push to turn it on or off.

Maybe I am the only one, but I am afraid there are more people who struggle with that problem.

The SQ6 sounds great btw 🙂

Many thanks and have a great weekend

Profile photo of Baylink
    Baylink
    Participant

+1

“Allow manual unmuting of a channel muted by a mute group”

Note that group muting *overlays* manual muting; if you group mute a muted channel, then the behavior needs to be defined as to what happens when you unmute-during-group that channel.

On the second point, note that just frobbing the knob one click brings up the screen (or so I’m told); that small an adjustment will rarely be noticeable.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

+1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.