Toggle (or Cycle) ABCD Sources on Softkey

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Toggle (or Cycle) ABCD Sources on Softkey

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I’ve got a bunch of wireless mics and a single “backup” mic. I figure that since individual channels (as opposed to sockets) can’t really go bad on a dLive, instead of allocating a fader to the backup mic on my surface, I’d set the B input on the relevant channels to be the backup mic. The problem is that I don’t really have enough softkeys to have a “Set A” and a “Set B” softkey for every channel. It’d be handy if you could set a softkey to either toggle between two of the ABCD sockets, or cycle through the sockets which are assigned (like, I think people would probably want to skip from B to D if C wasn’t assigned). The softkeys already have RGB LEDs for backlighting, so you could assign a different color for the A, B, C, and D sockets to make it easy to tell at a glance which socket is active.

Profile photo of Wassingue
    Wassingue
    Participant

+1 and an option to flip beetween 2 states, not only “on/off”. 😉

Profile photo of benmannell
    benmannell
    Participant

I hate to be a negative Nelly, but after a brief attempt to use a DLive for theatre it’s clear it wasn’t developed with an understanding of how theatre is mixed in mind.
    No “ABCD” toggle option.
    Can’t insert a scene!?
    Faders jump without showing scene fade times…
    Oh dear.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

If I’m not mistaken, A&H has said they do the fader jump thing to save wear & tear on the servos. I don’t know enough about their fader’s failure modes to have an opinion on whether I agree with that decision.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.