Toggle mute on two IPs

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Toggle mute on two IPs

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Is there a way to use a single button to toggle the mute state of two IPs? I’d like a soft key to mute IP 1 and unmute IP 2 with a single button press. Then when the button is pressed again it would unmute IP 1 and mute IP2.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

i don’t know a toggle command for your application, but you could solve it with two scenes where the other parameters in the recall filter lock.

it’s a pity that this function isn’t available anymore like in iLive, so you could program a key to automatically select another scene after a scene call. you could have created such a toggle function.

Profile photo of andrewyager
    andrewyager
    Participant

I don’t have director open, but couldn’t you do this by ganging the mute control on the two inputs?

Profile photo of andrewyager
    andrewyager
    Participant

Yep, I just tested this. Works fine. Create a gang group and only select the mute parameter. Then when you mute channel A, it will also mute channel B.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

@andrewyager you have overseen, that muting one channel should unmute the other. This does not work with ganging…

And yes, I would love to have a easy way to get this done, too!

Wolfgang
    Participant

OK, the question didn’t leave me alone, i worked out a solution for the problem and tested it successfully!

You need two scenes:
    Scene 1 = mute CH1, unmute CH2.
    Scene 2 = mute CH2, unmute CH1.
    – in these scenes, all recall filters are first set to “Block All”.
    – then you allow here only the mutes of the two inputs.

So far then quite normal

Then you define a softkey in both scenes, e.g. softkey 11:
    – you give the command to this key in scene1: “Scene controls/Specific Scene Recall/Scene2”
    – and in scene2 the command: “Scene controls/Specific Scene Recall/Scene1”
    and don’t forget to also allow softkey 11 calls in both scenes!

So you simply made a toggle on Softkey11, which switches both mutes reliably 😉

So it works!

But be careful!
    If a new firmware version comes – or you have changed the number of busses or the number of inputs in the system (e.g. if a DX168 has been added), then all recall filters have to be checked !!!
    Otherwise you might switch functions you don’t want to have, because the scene filters only consider the current configuration when saving the scenes!

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Nice heads up, Wolfgang.
    Works great for IP switching 👍

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I did a similar group of scenes to control the surface lighting. It toggles between 3 different settings. 🙂

Wolfgang
    Participant

I’m glad to have been able to help you. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.