To use OBS on QU16?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting To use OBS on QU16?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Picstory
    Picstory
    Participant

Hi
    I am using MacBook and I want to send it from OBS after receiving an audio signal from QU16 product.
    The QU16 and MacBook are connected via USB, but the audio is not input when the audio input signal is set to QU16 on OBS.
    How do I set it up to output audio signals from QU16 on OBS?

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

THAT IS A MAC OBS SOFTWARE PROBLEM

Many ways to physically send the signals.
    Matrix and mix are popular ways.
    If you use USB then you need a way to process the audio and then hand it to OBS from the DAW.
    [AFAIK OBS does not handle multiple channels but if so then might bypass the DAW] but still a mac/obs problem not a Qu issue.

You want to send what to where?
    Normally you send OBS a/v stream to utoob or where ever you stream to.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Just about two weeks I did a live stream audio production using that exact setup!
    QU16 USB out into a MacBook running OBS.

OBS will only see or care about channels/tracks one and two on the multitrack USB feed.
    In the QU IO set up menu go to the USB menu and select the mix source on tracks one and two that you want to send to OBS.

In OBS select the QU16 as the audio input source, on theirs it popped right up on the OBS audio input choices.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

That is good for two channels.
    If that is all he needs then a mix or matrix to him via an audio interface could be better.

Our video guy wants to be able to adjust his own mix so usb would not work for us.
    Actually we do the adjusting for him on the Qu at sound check, and occasional tweaks if needed later, and then send the mix to him as OBS does not appear to handle multiple channels like he wants.

@picstory ‘s problem is definitely mac/obs not Qu.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Our video guy wants to be able to adjust his own mix so usb would not work for us.
    Actually we do the adjusting for him on the Qu at sound check, and occasional tweaks if needed later, and then send the mix to him as OBS does not appear to handle multiple channels like he wants.

You can assign any QU mix out to any track or tracks on the USB output that would not change how the mix is tweaked on the mixer.
    OBS will only see and process tracks 1 & 2 so that is where you assign the mix you want to send to OBS.

In his original post he said the OBS was set to the QU16 but he was not getting any audio. That tells me the first thing to check is the input assignment on USB tracks 1 & 2.
    Not that it probably makes any difference but I also unassign all the other tracks inputs.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

horses and courses – I think we are saying the same thing

OSB only works with two channels
    our guy wants to play FOH for the livestream but cant do all the mikes so we have to do it and send that on the mix
    else we would just give him the matrix like we used to do when they posted later not did livestream

Agree the problem in the OP is in the mac/osb to select the channels he wants
    it would still be easier to use an audio interface than the usb IMHO

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.