Timed Fade Out and In

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Timed Fade Out and In

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hubes Hubes 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Hello

I’d like to be able to just press a button to have a channel (or group of channels) fade over a shortish time. There’s probably several ways this could be done, but I’d have thought making a DCA “move” from Zero to Infinity (or back) over a selectable time (say from 0.5 to 5 seconds?), and making that a soft key

and a Qu-Control

option may be the best way, as it would be very flexible. The soft key could light/flash to show its status.

My main uses would be fading BGM & effects, especially when mixing on iPad(s), and I can see some good uses in a theatre setting too.

Thanks,

Mark

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

+1!
    Timed fades would greatly improve the console’s usability for me. I could use it in a theater setting where I need to mix 26 mics and audio playback.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Also potentially a swept switch between scenes?

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Love the idea to have a fade to infinity levelfor channels . Having a ‘magical button’ that would toggle the current state to infinity and back again to where it was…

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

@ MARK

maybe the LED could flash FAST when fading down to infinity and turn OFF once there and
    flash SLOW when fading to its original position (e.g.. 0dB in DCA)

This way we could have a visual for the TOGGLE button which way it goes…

Profile photo of Hubes
    Hubes
    Participant

I think I might have a solution, but it is not the best.
    Start by saving a scene with the faders at the volume you want.
    Then save another scene with the faders that you want to fade out at the volume you would like it to end up at.
    Once you do that you can set your soft keys to activate those scenes.
    Then to make it fade for a certain amount of time use the “crossfade time” feature on the scenes.

I hope that helps and that works

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.