This New Forum…

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions This New Forum…

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

I have been attentive to this (earlier version) forum early on, and have enjoyed reading and replying to posts on any topic which called to me, whether I used that gear or not. I have suffered through innumerable whiners who feel their gear deserved a special place of importance herein, and those who felt features important to them and theirs were critical for everybody.

I feel this new format is cumbersome, unduly “large” and spread out, and difficult to quickly navigate. I suppose this is due to trying to make a special place for each possible piece of gear or performance feature, but now the readability and simplicity are lost to me… I use an R72/32 system, but have enjoyed scanning posts on GLD, QU, etc., but now the “layers” of navigation remind me of early users’ distaste of desks such as the 01V and unnecessary layer changes to do simple things…

I guess this now is my first official “whiner” post. I’ll leave it at that.

-Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

I’m sorry you don’t like the new Forums format. We felt it was time to consolidate a number of resources into a single website, give users more space, and sort the Forums into categories so if you are looking for ME-1 tips you are not presented a list of iLive firmware issues and 30-pages threads of suggestions.

However I appreciate people still like to skim through recent threads and pick up what they like. There is a widget for this in the footer of the website displaying new forum topics. And I’ve now set up a page with a timeline of recent posts in ANY topic / forum, regardless of category. Pretty much like the old Forums. I hope you will find this useful.

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

Nicola –

Thanks so much for your considerate attention – you have provided exactly what I found missing but was unable to clearly describe…

Your immediate response and thoughtful solution, along with the great iLive mixing system are what keep me on board. What I neglected to state earlier about the new format is how impressed I am with “Tips and Tricks” and the Libraries and Training sections consolidation.

Thanks again,

-Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound

ex-whiner

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

I for my self find the new Forum very good. Its more an modern one than the old.
    Its like always with new things – you get used to it.

I like it a lot – thanks A&H for making it!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I was not crazy about the change at first but have now gotten more used to it. I think the saving part is the RECENT ACTIVITY. I now go to that first. It is easier to see what is current than looking through the separate forums. Without the RECENT ACTIVITY is was very cumbersome.

I would add this…Nicola mentioned the LIKE button to me the other day instead of doing the +1 thing. I have now used it but don’t see where there is any count of that. So how do we know how many people are + on a request or whatever? Would be nice to know how popular something is…

I did see a post the other day that did not have a thumbs up LIKE button. Maybe just a bug. I could not LIKE it…

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I find this layout of the forum slightly better than old one. Some things will take some time to get used to, but in general it is improvement.

ddff_lv

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Great job Nicola…I like.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I like it as well… well done Nicola

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I think it is fine just takes some getting used to. I was not real crazy about the old one…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.