Theater mode

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BradG BradG 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Theater mode for it.

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

Could you clarify what you mean by that?

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

That would be the functionality that is available in DiGiCo and YAMAHA.

This is a very helpful feature when the actors playing a role may change from day to day of the performance.

I would be very happy with the added functionality

DiGiCo Theatre Software Essential For Historic Japanese Theatre

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

Okay thanks Tatsuya. I’ve read that but I’m still not really clear what it does that regular scene filters can’t.
    Could you explain?

Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

For example, if the actor playing the role of the “Wizard” in a theater performance changes from day to day of the performance, the recall of EQ and compressor settings in a normal scene recall is on the “Wizard” input channel and not on an actor-by-actor basis.

The two actors share the same “wizard” wireless microphone.

If only the wizard is replaced, that is still fine, but other roles may be replaced each day of the performance as well.
    When this number of actors grows to several dozen, the number of possible combinations of swapping is enormous.

To solve this problem, the EQ and compressor settings are managed not in scene memory but in multiple dedicated banks, and the settings adjusted in each bank are retained in all scene memories as common settings.
    This function allows for flexible and quick response to situations where multiple actors are cast for a single role or a sudden change to a substitute actor, for example, by quickly recalling the appropriate EQ settings.

It can also be used to instantly switch instrumental input settings according to the tone of the song.

The theater mode is one feature that solves this problem.

I am using a translation app.
    I’m worried if it’s coming across well.

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

Ok that makes sense, thanks Tatsuya.
    Although I’m not sure what this theatre mode can do that simple channel presets can’t.
    Could you explain that?

Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

Theater mode, I found a very informative video on YouTube.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Maybe look here for SQ

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

And Avantis as well.

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

ok interesting, thanks. You can do some of that with a combination of libraries and scenes, but not as elegantly and the auto update function is cool.

Profile photo of BradG
    BradG
    Participant

As RS said above, TheatreMix is a fantastic tool to use and has this specific function (you need a laptop to run it, it’s not inbuilt, which I guess isn’t the same)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.