The SQ6 Build that I've been Working on

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions The SQ6 Build that I've been Working on

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz Søren Steinmetz 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gunzy
    gunzy
    Participant

Hi All,

Just wanted to post a few pictures of the new SQ-6 build I’ve been working on for my church.

We are upgrading from a 24 channel analog mixer, and part of the goal with this build is to simplify setup which we have to do each week.

All our cases are custom built and organized to make things easier for different users to easily find what they are looking for. The Cable box was designed to store Ikea Trofast boxes because they are cheap, easy to replace, and designed to be safe to use by children.

This new setup has reduced setup time from about 1 hour 15 minutes to under 30 minutes.

We also shifted to using Eneloop rechargeable batteries as it’s rather crazy how many batteries we throw away each week.

Anyway, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Profile photo of gunzy
    gunzy
    Participant

sorry, the photos didn’t work in my original post.

here they are

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Maybe you should think about antenna splitter and antenna combiner to reduce that horrible „forrest of antennas“. Also use some external antennas to separate iem from mics. Also think about the usage of some UPS as a replacement for the inefficient furman device. This will help you to avoid long lasting dropouts when you eventually have some problems with the power lines.

Profile photo of gunzy
    gunzy
    Participant

Yah, the antennas, I’ll get there someday. The way it’s setup now is in anticipation of moving to antenna combiners in the future. Sometimes you gotta pick the battles you can win.

This is already miles ahead when the antennas were stuck behind the receivers.

I did think about using a ups instead of a furman, but we have really really really stable power in hk, and so decided against it.

Profile photo of Ethan
    Ethan
    Participant

Looks really nice and clean!

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Wow I did not know there still were places you can use wireless in the 790-820MHz range 😉
    (have 6 handheld A/T sets lying unused sadly)

Anyway, apart from the antenna-area of doom, it looks nice 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.