The Rig

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Studiodawg Studiodawg 8 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

I thought you might get a kick out of my rig. A&H Qu-16 with case and two Turbosound Inspire ip2000 column array speakers.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Warning – gravity inversion on main photo 😉
    Do not try to recreate without a working antigrav field…

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

🙂

the image was upside down here too

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

And here, even at Down Under NZ.

Studiodawg
    Participant

When I viewed it on my PC, it was upside down so I “fixed it…only to have it display bassackwards for you guys…is this better?

Attachments:
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes. Thankyou for your time.
    It looks a great easy simple rig for smaller venues.
    Im curious about these upper speakers?
    I dont know anything about them…
    Do you find, as a bass player they pruduce the sound enough of ‘what you want to hear’ out of them? Lower and upper mids?
    Is this system ‘The Rig’ a set system with a crossover or processor built in….?
    I do know Bose so something similair.
    I’ll have to look into them.
    Thanks
    best

NZdave

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Well, “smaller venues” highly depends on the program. I already outed myself to use a similar setup (LD Maui28 with dual Subs each side) and got my rant for it. In fact these are quite perfect for my needs, quickly set up, homogeneous sound everywhere even in complicated rooms with a nearly flat EQ. For a wide stage as in the pics they need some support with nearfills, though.
    This setup works excellent with any type of acoustic sources up to jazz, maybe not too loud rock bands. I won’t try metal and similar with it, even in smaller rooms. From the Specs I guess the Turbosound IP2000 are similar.
    Btw: I’ve tried to mount the Mauis upside down as shown in the first pic without success. Maybe that’s some special option from the Turbos… 😉

Attachments:
    Studiodawg
    Participant

Hi NZdave…to be honest these Turbosound ip2000s with the A&H Qu-16’s stock acoustic bass PEQ (tweaked slightly) setting gives me a better sound than anything I’ve used over the years for upright bass. I’ve done a few gigs over the past month using the rig. I had a percussionist on one side of a speaker with the overhead mic at ~7 feet up and only 2-3′ from the cab and it didn’t feed back. My vocal mic was directly in front of it and I was essentially standing in front of it with the bass. We had acoustic guitar, mandolin & 2 vox mics in front of the other cab and were playing “party loud” on St. Patrick’s Day in a local roadhouse pub (tight squeeze/no monitors). It worked great. Side note: I love recallable preamps! I like this rig in my studio (reduced bleed vs. conventional cabs) since we are recording as of late without headphones. I agree with Andreas regarding limitations of the rig, but most of the venues we play in require patrons to be able to carry on conversations (winery, microbrewery, etc.).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.