TCP Midi – Bug when Director connects?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions TCP Midi – Bug when Director connects?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThatComplicatedMidiGuy ThatComplicatedMidiGuy 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey folks!

So I’ve been playing around with some OSC show controls using Osculator as an intermediary for AVL commands and back-mapping. This is primarily useful for me for two situations:

1) Touch OSC layouts wherein I can restrict fader values so that an unskilled volunteer will *never* push a fader past 0, while giving them full basic AVL commands/controls, including specific scene recall. (See Attached) <-This also has the benefit of allowing Scene recall with fade times scoped. (Whereas dLive iPad software has no such feature, and Director still hasn’t been fixed.)

2) Theatrical automation parameters that need specific, complex movements that are not really scope-able in scene recall. Niche, I know.

I’ve had great success with the Touch OSC layouts for simple volunteer situations with one caveat: IF you connect Director to the console via any machine on the network, something in the TCP protocol buggs out. Today it was my “connection Center,” fader; previously, it was another fader. It literally gets stuck in some kind of feedback loop that forces the fader to -inf. I’ve done every amount of testing I can conceive of, and the issue seems only to replicate when you log on with Director somewhere on the network. Doesn’t matter what machine you log on with; but it’s clear Director is the source. Osc-TCP midi runs absolutely smoothly otherwise.

Any thoughts on what might be happening here?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

@richardbarley

We’ve not seen this before, any chance you could fire an email over to our support team so they can look into it?

support@allen-heath.com

Thanks,
    Ben

Will do! I’m back in the venue tomorrow morning. I’ll run a screen recording while opening director to see if I can’t reproduce the issue exactly.

Blessings,

Richard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.