Tapping the Decay time with Soft buttons

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Tapping the Decay time with Soft buttons

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nanex Nanex 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nanex
    Nanex
    Participant

Hello,
    there’s one feature of my m32 which I am missing in my SQ5.
    I always used the soft buttons on the m32 to be able to tap the decay Time of my Reverbs, just like I use a soft button for Tapping the delay.
    I can’t be the only one using this in my workflow, am I?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hmm, I double checked that feature right now, this was completely new for me. An a worked a lot with the X/M32. But I never came to the Idea to tap the decay time of a reverb. So, maybe you are not the only one but I am definitely not in that group;-)
    For me it is good enough to be able to adjust the reverb decay time via a soft rotary on my SQ6.

Profile photo of robashard
    robashard
    Participant

Well I didn’t use my 5 until I’d upgraded it, but it powers right up out of the box with Assignable button four flashing to tap delay.

Rob

Profile photo of Nanex
    Nanex
    Participant

Well, that’s exactly what I don’t have on my SQ5 😀
    I think this feature would be so easy to implement..no big deal.
    Or a feature, to use the global tap tempo also for your decay, you know what I mean?

Profile photo of robashard
    robashard
    Participant

So do you have the latest firmware. If so I can’t imag why it’s not already doing it.

Profile photo of Nanex
    Nanex
    Participant

Well, I think you don’t get the idea, that I have.

Tapping the tap delay works just perfectly fine, and after that I can adjust the decay time of the reverb to the tapped time.
    but I would like to have a soft button, where I can tap the milliseconds of the decay time of the reverb, because of the lack of soft rotaries.

In my SQ i have to tap, then go to the fx section, go to the reverb and then adjust the decay time, which I have to do always, when a band played a fast rock song and then suddenly changes to a slow ballad of course.
    That kind of working with the FX is not really convenient, because I know it better from my m32..

Profile photo of joerg s.
    joerg s.
    Participant

On SQ-6 the Reverb decay time is assignable to a soft rotary.

Profile photo of Nanex
    Nanex
    Participant

Yeah, but if you would read what i wrote…
    I own a SQ-5 which doesn’t have soft ROTARIES..or am I blind and just can’t find those on my SQ-5!
    that’s exactly the problem that i have..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.