tape echo

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions tape echo

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tual
    tual
    Participant

Can we modify the delay on the echo tape from a softkeys? (tap delay)

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

no,
    this is not intended in this case, since it is a remodelled RE-201 that has no TAP in the original unit
    this would disturb the character and charm of the original unit

Profile photo of tual
    tual
    Participant

I agree but for a console intended for live, a tap function would be welcome especially when on the photo of the plugin echo on the site allen&heath shows a preset stereo tap delay. I bought this plugin for its sound color and because there was apparently a tap. Boss managed to release a guitar pedal.

SteffenR
    Participant

The RE-201 model has no 2-Tap preset… that’s related to the Stereo-Tap-Delay processor

and you can see no tap button on the picture

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

you are right, Steffen, the original RE-201, as other tape echoes, do have a tap button. But let us not exaggerate the authenticity of an emulation. We are still within a digital console of the new millennium. So let us add som comfort and allow the user to use a tap button to adjust the speed of the virtual tape. For all those users, which want to adjust the virtual RE-201 with all it vintage charm this tap button may not even be visible on the screen. Exact that is done for the WING Tape echo emulation, for instance.

a +1 from my side.

SteffenR
    Participant

but he was asking if it is possible to control the tap from a softkey… so what is the problem with my answer?
    It is not possible at the moment!

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

even it is not possible at the moment nothing speaks against a change that it become possible
    your first reaction was
    “no,
    this is not intended in this case, since it is a remodelled RE-201 that has no TAP in the original unit
    this would disturb the character and charm of the original unit”
    And this suggests that it never should happen from your side, because the original do not have such button.
    All I said is that that should not be a reason not to add the possibility to use the global tap or an individual tap soft key for determining the delay time as for other delays at the SQ.
    Maybe @tual can create a new thread in the SQ feature suggestion forum.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

It would be good to add tap tempo for Echo to the feature suggestions section @tual , as if you want this, then there are almost certainly others that want it too.

Apologies for the generic delay preset name that was used on the render of the unit – we’ve now removed this from the images on our webpage and shop to prevent any confusion in future.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.