Tap Points

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jacob Jacob 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

One limitation I was surprised to encounter was regarding tap points for Direct Outs and Aux Busses. As per the block diagram (attached) the operator is limited by ‘per AUX’ settings and a global tap option for Direct outs. IMHO should be at a channel level. As in the operator can select the tap point ‘per channel’ at any part in the signal chain when assigning to an AUX and same thing for the Direct Out. I can see a ‘per aux’ and global direct out limitation on a QU and GLD series desk however this is a dLive 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of dr_steve
    dr_steve
    Participant

I also would like channel level assignment of Direct Out tap points. In particular being able to select pre or post EQ for sends to the ME would be useful. I know we can use Tie Lines, but I believe that ties specific sockets together, which could lead to issues if you change your patching.

Thanks!

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

An old thread, but I want to +1 that Direct Outputs and Aux Send tap points should have Global “defaults” and input channel “overrides”. I would like the choice of Post LPF or Post PEQ for Aux sends and I/O outs.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of JFug
    JFug
    Participant

I’d also like to +1 this. It would be extremely helpful for all kinds of uses to have the pick/tap points of Direct Outs be channel specific.
    Thanks!

Profile photo of JPage
    JPage
    Participant

+1 for me too. When feeding IEMs some drummers don’t want to hear gates but that means it’s also pre eq and compression so everyone else’s mix suffers.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

+1!

Profile photo of Wimpo
    Wimpo
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Yoely
    Yoely
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Mo
    Mo
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

I know it has been brought up to AH before, but I really think that a feature like this that is available even on an X32 should be of the highest priority. I’m assuming that there is a reason for it not being there other than the fact than they locked in by the surface design. Hopefully they can implement tap points for auxes and direct outs without having to break other stuff to get there.

Profile photo of jonathanhatch
    jonathanhatch
    Participant

+1

This is one of those utility features that would absolutely help the dLive to feel more like a pro, flagship level console.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

+1 – I cannot believe this has not been “corrected” by A&H yet. It’s a major limitation.

Profile photo of Julian Tinao
    Julian Tinao
    Participant

+1 – This is a MUST in my opinion. Can’t believe A&h top tier console can’t do this.

Profile photo of Jacob
    Jacob
    Participant

+1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.