TalkBack

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rob
    Rob
    Participant

I just got my S5000/dm48 unpacked and have it set up at the kitchen table setting it up and getting familiar. I feel silly asking this but how do you set up an input as the TalkBack mic? I figured out how to assign the talkback output to various output mixes, and I assume the talkback will have to come from one of the 8 local inputs on the surface, but I can’t find any config item to route an input to Talkback. what am I missing?

Profile photo of Rob
    Rob
    Participant

I knew I’d feel silly, found it in the Mixrack setup

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Rob,

Glad you sorted your issue. Have you seen the Firmware Reference Guide? It can be somewhat tricky to find. Page 43 explains the talkback function.

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/dLive-Firmware-Reference-Guide-V1.02.pdf

Profile photo of Scott A&H
    Scott A&H
    Participant

Hi Rob,

The TB mic can come from any input on the surface or Mixrack.
    You can assign from the I/O page.
    Make sure you also assign on the TB page – Mixrack / Talkback and select the appropriate socket for the latching to work.

Regards,
    Scott
    A&H Support

Profile photo of Btasker
    Btasker
    Participant

Just a quick setup question. S5000, DM64, ME. We use a combination of wireless IEM’s set on the St aux outs(singers) and ME units(stationary band members). The problem is the talkback mic is always open going to the ME’s regardless of the talk button position. It seems to work fine going the the ST auxs, how can I configure the talkback to be muted going the the ME’s as well as the Auxs.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I always use a mono-matrix called STAGE, to which I can simply send the talkback microphone in the talkback window.
    in the I/O window I route this matrix to a channel for the ME-1 and place it there on a button.
    only when I press “TALK”, a signal goes to this matrix

but you can also simply use a microphone with a switch…

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

sorry, double post…

Profile photo of Btasker
    Btasker
    Participant

Got it fixed, thanks.

Profile photo of ed
    ed
    Participant

On the SQ7 Talkback screen there is a button that says “APPLY” and “CANCEL” I hit the APPLY button and can’t find out how to undo the mistake I have made.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

On the SQ7 Talkback screen there is a button that says “APPLY” and “CANCEL” I hit the APPLY button and can’t find out how to undo the mistake I have made.

Why are you posting this in the dLive section?
    and what is the mistake you made?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.