Talkback using Audio-Technica BPHS1

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Talkback using Audio-Technica BPHS1

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tibook tibook 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Shawn
    Shawn
    Participant

I’m looking at using an Audio-Technica BPHS1 which is a Broadcast Stereo Headset with Dynamic Boom Mic as my talkback mic/headphone. Based on the specs I saw for the C3500 Surface console, I believe this headset should work by hooking up the mic part to a C3500 input and (using an adapter) the headset to an output. Any recommendations regarding the specifics of this setup? Does anyone have better idea for a talkback circuit?

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

basically this is a good and inexpensive idea, because you can solder an XLR directly instead of the 6.3mm jack plug.

compared to a normal intercom solution, however, there is one problem:
    how would you like to do that with the call signalling?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

BPHS1 has a XLR for microphone and a jack for Headphone… no adapters needed
    use headphone out at the desk

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

using the headphone jack is also an option, you can put the stage headset into the “Ext. Ip Talk to PAFL”. and with it you can also use the headset as a normal PAFL headset.

Profile photo of tibook
    tibook
    Participant

This is the exact setup I use and it’s been fine. I just have a short xlr cable from the rear input since you can only separate the 1/4” and xlr so much on the headset

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.