Talkback out to ME-1 Output

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Talkback out to ME-1 Output

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of USA USA 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of katapult
    katapult
    Participant

We are using ME-1’s with in ears for our band. The only way I can be heard by them is to setup a talkback channel strip and mute/unmute the mic. I’d like to be able to use the talk button on the board directly but cannot seem to find a way to patch the output of that to a ME-1 input without wasting a aux or similar.

It would be great to have a way to route directly form the Talk button to a channel on the ME-1/Aviom Monitor bus.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Gshock
    Gshock
    Participant

I have the same issue. Was wondering if you had found a solution with patching the talk back button to a channel on the ME-1??

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Guys

The fact that you can’t route talkback directly to an output in GLD has been added to our bug tracking system. I can’t make any promises as to when it might get resolved, but thanks for spotting this one!

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Gshock
    Gshock
    Participant

Is or can the talkback input on the surface be assigned as an input channel?

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

@gshock:
    There is actually no dedicated talkback input on the surface. You need to assign one of the preamps (or, in principle, a line input or even a digital I/O channel) as the talkback source.

Profile photo of Sean@Elim
    Sean@Elim
    Participant

I would also like to know the answer to this question, as we are using a ME-1 for our drummer…

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

We have gone so far as to assign the direct output from a socket to our ME-1s and labelled it Talkback. This socket is also patched in Setup as the Talkback source. Unfortunately, the microphone has to have a built in On/Off switch, otherwise the ME-1 channel remains open (even when Talkback is turned off), adding ambient room noise to the artist’s mix.

This thread has been acknowledged by A&H already, but we want to add our voice to the conversation and say that a dedicated talkback source on the ME-1 that links to the source on the GLD would be very helpful.

Profile photo of USA
    USA
    Participant

You can assign anything to the Monitor Output port.

Why not just assign the Talk back mic to an Aux? Then have one of the 40 sources being selected in the ME-1 as an Aux input and you have Talk to the ME-1s at that point.. When you press the Talk button on the console it would route to the ME’s

My guess is if you are using ME’s you probably dont need as many aux’s live in the mix so you could assign different Aux’s to the groups of ME-1’s or just have all ME=1s have a default access key to pick up TB.

Will that work of for you?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.