Talkback Mic

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Talkback Mic

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeremy Jeremy 2 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lauren
    Lauren
    Participant

I’m having trouble with my talkback mic. It is always live. I’m only using it to talk to the band but I’m having to put a cover over it so they can’t here FOH while they are playing. I’ve got the mic plugged into the talkback input on the console and it’s only being routed to the mixes. There’s a talkback button on the console and that button has no impact on the mic at all. How do I fix this?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

Is the talkback key always lit green? If you press it does it turn off?

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of Lauren
    Lauren
    Participant

It is not always green. The light turns on and off when I press the button but that button/light don’t seem to have any impact on whether the mic is on since the mic is always on.

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

Have you assigned the Talkback input to the talkback channel (found in Setup > Audio > Talkback) or to an input channel?

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of Lauren
    Lauren
    Participant

I’ve got it assigned to the talkback channel. We’ve also tried assigning a different mic to the talkback channel in the set up but that doesn’t make any difference either.

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

Could you please forward a link to a video of this behaviour to support.allen-heath.com?

I will look into this further for you there.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Lauren
    Lauren
    Participant

Yeah, I won’t be able to get it until Sunday but no problem. Thanks!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

that sounds strange… as temporarly workaround you can use a mic with a switch

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

As Steffen says or just plug in a channel and use the mute button. Assign to what mixes you want it to go to. Most of my customers do that. They can’t grasp the push to talk concept for some reason. Plus the placement of the PTT switch on the SQ is not good.

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

Talk into the mic while looking at the the input meters page. It must be accidentally assigned to an input channel. Maybe one that doesn’t have a strip.

Profile photo of Lauren
    Lauren
    Participant

We ended up having to replace the console for an unrelated issue and the replacement talk-back is working just fine.

Profile photo of Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Participant

Hello Allen & Heath users and support,

We’re having the same issue with our two SQ6 boards at church, so we use a mic with an on/off switch as a workaround for the FOH board.

After consulting the manual we tried setting up a talkback for our broadcast board this evening but encountered the same issue, and a bug possibly occurred in Source Select. Initially I was able to set it to Talk, but when I made some other changes in the same window, after discovering the “always on” issue, Talk disappeared. I turned off/on the board, but no change. After looking through a bunch of forums I still have no idea what I’m doing wrong.

I’ve attached a few photos if it helps troubleshoot the issue. Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.