Talkback groups

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Talkback groups

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Soundklaus Soundklaus 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

How do you handle talkback groups when only using one mixing console?

In the current state they are totally useless for me, at least as long as you can not set different levels for different talkback groups. There is always at least one recipient that would like the sent level to be different.

But I might be too stupid for this, or misunderstanding the concept at all…

Profile photo of Soundklaus
    Soundklaus
    Participant

We had a television show and I did FoH. I created several talkback groups to reach the different positions. 1 Stage Monitors, 2 DJ, as he was standing off Stage, 3 Wireless Tech, 4 Soundengineer TV Truck, 5 Director TV Truck, 6 Backstage. So I could easily talk to the person I wanted. Then I used an Aux Mix for all these positions coming into the console. All the inputs went on the console and then to the Aux. The Aux was put into the PAFL Bus via the “Ext. in” and so everytime someone spoke to me I could hear them in my FoH shout speakers. In a normal Band setting I would do an “all” Talkback group and then maybe the different musicians, or if needed another one for the monitor tech.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.