Talk back from Ipad

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Talk back from Ipad

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Love the ipad remote mixing but sometime I wish I had the talkback capability to the monitors on stage, will that be possible in the future, I know it can be done from the mixer but not from the Ipad?

Frank M

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

This and remote PFL would also be good.

I wonder if a Bluetooth headset could be abused, patched into the mixer to push sound to and from the iPad?

Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

Talkback button on QU-Pad app is definitely something I’d like to see.
    I sometimes have a friend engineer for us from the iPad (While the QU-16 stays on stage) and I was hoping to set him up with some kind of wireless mic to use with pressing a “Talkback Button” on the ipad app, but I guess thats not possible now.
    I guess I could give him his own track and just have it in the monitors, but that seems to defeat the point of having Talkback.

so +1 on this idea.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Having the talkback button on the iPad should be possible – add that to a wireless mic and wireless IEM (plugged in for PFL) seems like the most sensible.

At the moment you have to sacrifice a channel…

Profile photo of xpilotcz
    xpilotcz
    Participant

Hello,

the best would be talkback directly from iPad using bluetooth handsfree.

Pavel

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Or wired, but adding audio data to the WiFi link is probably beyond spec…

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

in 1.6 the behaviour of the button on the console has been changed…

Latching Talkback option

This confirms that it is a soft switch – so we really ought to be able to add it to the iPad, so we can use a radio mic as talkback without sacrificing a channel.

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

, so we can use a radio mic as talkback without sacrificing a channel

I’ not sure I get your point here. The Qu have a dedicated talkback input so you`re not sacrifying a channel. Latch the talkback and use a wireless on the input. I don’t think adding audio stream to the wifi would be a good idea.

coffee_king
    Participant

He’s on about the QU-Pad app.
    A button that enables/disables talkback.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

But where do I talk back to?

A page allowing to choose the routing of the talkback input and enable/disable it is needed.

Else I have to use a channel and add it to mixes as needed – because I can’t enable/configure the talkback from the iPad…

Clearly this is all digitally controlled, so it is ‘just’ software….

BLKGHOST
    Participant

Under the setup screen, audio tab, talkback sub tab. You choose the output there (Mix, LR, Grps and MTX). No need to put it in a channel first.

coffee_king
    Participant

We are talking about a Talkback button on QU-Pad.
    A button that enables/disables talkback.
    That you would use a headset type radio/bluetooth mic with.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

BLKGHOST – I’ver stepped away from the mixer, with my radio microphone plugged into the talkback input. Now I want to talk to the vocalist on mix3…

So I have to go back to the desk to select mix3 on that screen. I’d like to be able to select that routing from the iPad, since I’ve moved away from the mixer I can’t use those controls. (Maybe I’m under the stage or in the gods doing something, maybe I’m mixing from the bar with the mixer on stage)

At the moment I put that radio mix into channel 16, then route channel 16 to the relevant mix – that’s somewhat clunky.
    I’d like to use the talkback function properly, but it requires physical presence at the mixer at the moment, and that’s what I’d like to change.

I then have UHF mic -> Talkback, TCP iPad control and RF PAFL -> headset.

BLKGHOST
    Participant

I get it now. So you actually want to be able to change the routing of the talkback from the iPad. Makes sense

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes – apologies for the ambiguous start – I don’t think feeding audio over the WiFi is architecturally likely…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.