T112 Boot Failure

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting T112 Boot Failure

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ardian Ardian 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SH
    SH
    Participant

It works but you need to connect 6 and 8 pin.

Profile photo of SH
    SH
    Participant

And remember, first reboot takes a while. Just let it check everything and it will start.

Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

Can you use a jumper instead of a switch? I just replaced a battery and now have white screen and need to now force the SBC to boot since it is not beeping nor attempting to boot on its own during power up. Thanks

Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

I just completed the process and am tweaking some previously provided information that for me didn’t work. It’s also worth mentioned by that our unit has the Fujitsu SBC.

1. Our touchscreen stopped working and was actually blank although the faders were enabled and the board was still for the most part operational.
    2. I connected an external monitor to the vga port and during bios boot it showed that the system battery was dead.
    3. I only had to remove the back panel to gain access to change the battery that was CR2032.
    4. When I powered the desk back on the screen was white and there was no beep to show that it was initiating a startup on its own.
    5. I connected a two pin power switch I pulled from an old desktop and plugged into the front panel connector across pins 6 and 8. Note there are pictures within previous posts in this thread that shows the location and the pin diagram for the front panel connector.
    6. I connected a usb keyboard and I powered on again and pushed the button of the power on switch that I connected to the front panel connector of the SBC and SBC started via pushing that power switch button
    7. SBC starts with beep and external screen shows boot menu. I noticed it was still showing a dead system battery error which I believe is either in cache or since the bios had reverted to defaults the logic assumes that the battery is dead. No concern once you complete the remaining steps this error goes away.
    7. Start pressing F2 when you hear the beep to enter BIOS Setup.
    8. configure bios settings according to instructions (My only for AE8214) (https://community.allen-heath.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/AE8214-Fujitsu.pdf) steps 7 -25. My main issue with the instructions in the link is that the password is digital with a lowercase d not an uppercase D as described in the instructions. Also our boot volume was shown down in the list of Excluded. Pressing + or – or x or even Shift+1 did nothing for me. There is a message about pressing 1-4 sets pre configured boot orders. When I pressed 4 it then placed our boot volume at the top of the list.
    9. Removed the power on switch from the front panel connector, the external monitor and the usb keyboard and the T112 restarts as if nothing ever happened. Replace the back panel and you are all set.

I hope this helps someone else down the road.

Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

Here are the instructions in a previous link tyt I have corrected.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of CJ
    CJ
    Participant

Thank you, I really appreciate the information as I am waiting for my new flash card. I have a couple of questions;
    1) Did you use a rocker style switch or a spring type push button as a switch? I made one (cheap spring push button from electronics store), and still could not get it to boot? If spring type did you hold the button until it booted?
    2) Did you connect your keyboard and monitor directly to the jacks of the rear panel, or directly to the SBC?

Cheers!

Profile photo of Sam
    Sam
    Participant

I have an iLive-T112 and exactly the same problem with a blank screen as described by Tommy.

I changed the battery and followed Tommy’s procedure, but after I turned on the SBC with the switch, I did not get a boot menu on the external monitor. What showed up on the monitor is a message that says:

Copyright etc.
    This Product is covered by one or more of the following patents: etc
    Realtek PCIe CBE Family Controller Series V2.31 (10/12/09)

When I pressed F2 on the keyboard, I did not get a BIOS setup. Instead I got a message on the monitor that says, “CLIENT MAC ADDR: 00 19 99 BC FB B7 GUID: 393BB8FB-D1Df-11DF-81C2-0019998CFBB7DHCP . . ./”

What do you think is wrong?

What should I do?

Thank you

Profile photo of CJ
    CJ
    Participant

You should have heard a “beep” when you switched the console on. Make sure your switch is connected properly to pins 5 & 6 on the front panel connector and if it is a push button switch hold it down. Hold down the F key on the keyboard until the Bios comes up on the external monitor.

Profile photo of Ardian
    Ardian
    Participant

I can revive a dead SBC
    and running normally
    WhatsApp +6281229445410

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.