T112 Boot Failure

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting T112 Boot Failure

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ardian Ardian 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jamfactory
    jamfactory
    Participant

Hey, HELP!

T112, no prior issues. Been sitting unused for 4 months and now when booting up …

Screen flashes normally at switch on then nothing.

Blank black screen and no continuation of boot up. Nothing happens. No start, no surface activity.

Firmware 1.94

Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

Our T80 does similar.

When I powered on, no signs of life from the computer. No beeps. No text on screen.
    The screen works, but it doesn’t display anything.
    If I have the mix rack turned on, the sound will work, but with no controls–No volume control, no mute/unmute. So whatever is there is there and that’s it.

Taking the back off was really easy–mostly just a bunch of phillips head screws. There are a couple torx bit screws, and you will need to unplug two wires coming from the jack in the middle of the back.
    I replaced the battery (looks like a nickle) and now when I power it on it beeps! Great Success!!
    I connected a monitor and keyboard via VGA and USB. It shows the black and white ‘BIOS’ window, but that just tells me it can’t find a network.
    I followed the “network reset procedure” to reset the network settings for the mixrack and board. But that didn’t do anything…
    The sales rep told us to take a pic of the SBC (I think that’s the main computer or processor or CPU or whatever. It’s easy to ID, though. It’s just the board the battery is connected to).
    If we end up replacing that board, it’s like $1,500 which seems like ‘ouch’ but way better than $5-10k for a new board.
    I’ll try to update this post when something else happens.

Let me know your progress!

Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

We contacted the sales rep. He says we should replace the internal flash drive. It is proprietary to AnH because it has the BIOS written into it. He thinks he can get one, but doesn’t know when or what it will cost. So we are sitting on our hands for a while.

Have you heard anything yet? I have a T-80 with the same issue, and want to get a copy of the OS/BIOS as well.

Profile photo of solidabu
    solidabu
    Participant

Hi, we had also trouble with an empty battery at the T112. I figured out there is a Fujitsu D2963-S11 G2 mainboard inside (Fujitsu SBC – 004-111 – AE8214 also called) and I had to boot it after Battery replacement using the frontpanel connector. But BIOS is on default setting, means display only VGA Port and Boot from Network. Wanted to Change but BIOS asking for a password. We dont have one. Anyone an Idea how to reset it or is there a service password known who is also given on delivery ?

Profile photo of Chhoe
    Chhoe
    Participant

Hello, the same with me. On Wednesday I wanted to start our T112. There was only a white LCD but no screen output visible. After some searching on the forum I came across these posts among others which helped me get my T112 up and running again, thanks for the help. I would of course like to share my approach to success. There is a “Fujitsu SBC – 004-111 – AE8214” installed in my T112. (You can use this to find out which SBC is installed in yours. https://community.allen-heath.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Ilive-CARTES-SBC.pdf)

I proceeded as follows:

1. connection and test of the T112 with external screen (-> no signal)
    2. remove the back panel of the T112
    3. exchange the battery of the AE8214
    4. after replacing the battery the behavior of the T112 did not change (-> no signal on the external screen, no beep when starting the T112)
    5. push button connected to the front panel connector of the SBC and SBC started via push button
    6. SBC starts with beep and external screen shows boot menu.
    7. shortly after startup double beep and error message “System battery is dead – Replace and run Setup”.
    8. plug in external keyboard
    9. confirm the error with “F1”
    10. shortly after an error message appears that no system for booting was found on the hard disk.
    11. reboot the SBC, press “F2” during the reboot to enter the BIOS
    12. configure bios settings according to instructions (My only for AE8214) (https://community.allen-heath.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/AE8214-Fujitsu.pdf) steps 7 -25.
    13. T112 restarts as if nothing ever happened.

Good luck

Profile photo of CJ
    CJ
    Participant

Good day,
    Can you further guide me as to where the frontpanel connector is you used to boot it? I am assuming some button on the SBC?
    Quote: (Fujitsu SBC – 004-111 – AE8214 also called) and I had to boot it after Battery replacement using the frontpanel connector.

Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

Hello,

Sorry I’m just getting back. We replaced the internal flash drive, and it didn’t make a difference. Rather than replace the processor, we ended up buying a new Qu-32 and Mixrack for about $4k.

We haven’t gotten rid of our T80, and now that I see Chhoe’s comments, I think I will try one last time to resurrect it. I’ll try to check back in with results, but it might be a while.

Profile photo of CJ
    CJ
    Participant

joe, Thanks. I was referring to Chhoe’s comment with his number (5) point. I cannot find any “push button on the front panel connector” on my T112.
    I also sent him a private message.

I found a card at Full Compass and just paid for it today.
    Now , after reading your post, I am concerned it may not work as well.

Profile photo of Chhoe
    Chhoe
    Participant

Hello,

the front panel connector is just a 10 pin socket, not connected.
    You have to connect a switch yourself.
    In the attached document you can find the location of the front panel connector (page 15) as well as the pinout (page 16).
    Just connect a front panel power button (may some like this: https://a.co/d/dwenGHo) to pins 8 and 9 of the connector.

Hope this can help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of CJ
    CJ
    Participant

Hello, This is a huge help. Thank you so much!

Profile photo of CJ
    CJ
    Participant

To be sure, Pins 8 & 9 are the last two per the attached. I should disregard the descriptions of the other pins..?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

Did you complete Chhoe’s procedure? It looks like the card isn’t the issue.

Profile photo of CJ
    CJ
    Participant

Re; “Did you complete Chhoe’s procedure? It looks like the card isn’t the issue.”

I have not. I need to get a switch either locally or order one.

At this point, I connected a monitor and have no output.
    I can connect to the DL5000 system manager, and use all the buttons. That was a problem at first, because I was getting an error message back asking to reboot / restart because the firmware was out of date. I connected another computer and was able to get in and connect. That was strange.
    I also did notice that the touch screen is not showing in the network settings.

You may be right on the card, but I went ahead and ordered it and is in transit.
    I am hoping I can get a switch and the card shows up tomorrow.

If anyone has anything else to share, it would be appreciated.

I will certainly report back.

Profile photo of CJ
    CJ
    Participant

Update,
    I was sent the wrong card from the dealer. It was not for the Fujitsu SBC, so that went back to the dealer.

I connected a switch to the front panel connector, and that did not work. No beeps, no boot up. Still white screen.
    I had a separate monitor connected and turned on, with a keyboard connected to the USB port. Nothing.

Contemplating a replacement SBC.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.