Systems that don't squeal

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Systems that don't squeal

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mal Mal 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mal
    Mal
    Participant

Hi all,

When I was deciding what brand of mixer to buy back in November last year, I did a fair bit of research and ended up buying a QU-32, fully aware of the USB squealing problems, thanks to contributors on this forum.

I’ve had the console for over a month now and have put it through its paces (in a home-studio environment) and I’m quite relieved to say that I have a fully functioning system. I did encounter the squealing, but managed to solve it, once again through user tips on this forum.

In the spirit of contributing back, I thought I’d post the specs on my system so others may use it as a guide. Note that, this system works for me, but your mileage may vary. It’s not a guarantee of a working system if you decide to buy an Allen & Heath console.

Motherboard: ASUS X-99 Deluxe USB 3.1 Intel LGA 2011-3 ATX
    CPU: Intel i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-core LGA 2011-3 @ 3.30GHz
    Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR4
    Console Firmware:QU 32 1.90 – Rev 4537
    ASIO driver: A&H 3.34.0
    DAW: Ableton Live 9 Suite

I’d previously run two Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 devices on this system without problems, so I initially ran the system as stock, until I encountered the squealing. I ‘fixed’ the squealing by disabling the Intel xHCI Mode in the motherboard bios.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, kind of curious as to why A&H haven’t invited users to contribute a list of working systems, like they did with the QU drives. That list helped a lot when I was shopping for USB drives.

Cheers,

Mal.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.