Syncronize Directors Scene view with the Mixrack/Surface

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Syncronize Directors Scene view with the Mixrack/Surface

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hello,

I recently did some musical jobs and used scenes to manage the changes of actors and FX between stage scenes. I used a CDM32 mixrack and a C2500 surface. Since the suface only have one screen I also used a laptop with the director running on that. I thought that I can visualize the scenes screen on the laptop while I use the suface buttons for scene changes (Go mainly). Unfortunatly I did not find a way to syncronize the display on the director with the current state on the console. The selected scene on the director do not change when I hit ‘Go’.
    Is it possible to setup the dislay on the director to follow the console scene display.
    Ah, I connected the director to the surface not the mixrack. Will it make a difference when I directly connect to the mixrack?

Thank you for some helpful response.
    Klaus

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

…Unfortunatly I did not find a way to syncronize the display on the director with the current state on the console…

my spontaneous idea to solve your problem: connect an external screen to the console via VGA and have the scene management displayed. so you have the laptop free for other things.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Last question first: it makes a difference where you connect the Director, connected to mixrack it behaves as an extra surface

as far as I know it is not possible to sync these two
    the suggestion from Wolfgang is the way to go for now

get a touch screen as second screen there you can select scenes on the screen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.