Switching Alternate Mix to same Output

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Switching Alternate Mix to same Output

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tallen55
    tallen55
    Participant

On the QU-16, is it possible to monitor different mixes from the same output, and be able to switch between them without changing the physical output? For example: I am the bass player and sound man in my band, and we use in-ear monitors. I need to be able to monitor my mix (5/6 out) and also be able to switch to main LR mix at times to hear the mix in main FOH speakers. It would be nice to set up a soft key to switch between the 2 mixes. For that matter, it would also be nice to switch between the drummer, and guitar player mixes (7/8 and 9/10) to be able to check what they are hearing in their mixes. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Tallen55,

I would recommend using the Alt Out for this, as you can assign this to the PAFL bus.

This way, whilst playing you can PAFL your personal mix, then you can PAFL any other mix if you need to check them.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of tallen55
    tallen55
    Participant

“I would recommend using the Alt Out for this, as you can assign this to the PAFL bus”

I’l see if I can figure out how to do that Alex. Thanks

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

“I would recommend using the Alt Out for this, as you can assign this to the PAFL bus”

I’l see if I can figure out how to do that Alex. Thanks

Look in the manual for the Alt Out assignment. I think it’s page 17. If you follow the directions you’ll see something like the attached screen shot from the Qpad app.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

NOPE! It’s page 14. Go to SETUP/OUTPUT PATCH/SURFACE and scroll to PFL on the Alt Out “wheel”.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.