Switch in / out Channel Insert with softkey?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Switch in / out Channel Insert with softkey?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie WaihekeSoundie 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Hi there,
    Is it possible to disable to Switch in / out Channel Insert on a channel or set of channels with softkey?
    I have had a look and can’t see how I might do this..
    Do you have any thoughts?

The reason I want to do this is I want to start using my Waves soundgrid in live shows.. I can’t afford a fully redundant system right now but am conscious that if the waves server goes down then the insert fails to return audio and effectively mutes the channel/ send.. ummm….. buy a fully redundant system I hear you say..maybe… I’m just dipping my toes in here on some more casual local shows BUT in an emergency- a press of a soft key to disable the inserts would be great… I guess I could maybe do with a Scene but I don’t think quite what I was hoping for

Thank you

Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

It doesn’t look like this this is supported directly..

I guess one way would be to create a scene that is a backup for the current scene with the inserts off and Allowed to Recall but mostly everything else to be SAFE or Blocked from change on the recall and to set the backup scene as Next scene for Recall and a soft key to trigger Go Recall in an emergency.
    Obviously I have lost whatever I was using the waves for but show could go on very quickly …. better would be to have full redundancy or not use at all– I do get that

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.