Switch Aux to Matrix

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Switch Aux to Matrix

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ThomasL
    ThomasL
    Participant

In the german PA-Forum (paforum.de) a user suggested a “Switch Aux to Matrix” function. For us, and sure for many others, this would make a lot of things easier and the console even more versatile. We do a lot of smaller shows, mostly trade show events or others where you have only a couple of wireless mics, but a lot of loudspeaker zones, like delay lines, speakers different conference rooms etc. The QU16 is the perfect desk for that, but we have to solve the distribution thing via an external (Speaker-)Matrix. So – would it be possible for the DSP to switch Auxes Pairwise to become Matrix-Outs? Softwarewise this can’t be a big thing (I’m not the programmer, so it’s easy for me to say that 🙂 ), you wouldn’t have to change anything on the hardware itself.

So, just let us know, if this is an option – and keep up the good work 🙂

Thomas

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

What exactly do you want to achieve?

Profile photo of ThomasL
    ThomasL
    Participant

I would like to have some matrix busses on the QU – and I thought, that one possible way to achieve that without the need to redesign the Hardware would be the ability to switch busses between Auxes (fed from Inputs) and Matrix (fed from other busses). Sorry for the poor english 🙂

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

That would be a great idea.
    In corporate events we don’t need that much aux sends but a lot more busses and matrices…

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I Really really would like to see this feature as we are always asked to give press feeds and i want to give them a matrix feed instead of just mixing a whole new mix for them on post fade… please enable this function!
    Oh, and can we have a delay line option on the feed to please.. for delay stacks too…

Thanks,

Dave

Profile photo of eurobuie
    eurobuie
    Participant

Matrix would be a very beneficial part of the console. a console of this class should have a couple of matrixs atleast.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Doesn’t switching the auxes to postfade, and set their mix all at zero acheive what you want? I don’t do that kind of thing so far, so why not?

SteffenR
    Participant

Matrix is a bus that is fed by busses not inputs

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Oh, right, duh. Too much turkey, brain cells asleep… 😉

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

So I sent all the faders to 0db and set them all to post fade. This was the make a version of a matrix send… However for some reason when on main mix the compression etc does not work on the matrix output… So that way around is pointless… And more suggestions or maybe even an update from A&H?

Thanks,

Dave

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Bump… I need to switch the mix outputs to matrix outs so I can send press feeds and delay lines…!! Please update A&H.

Dave

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Still bumping!… Come on A&H… 🙂

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Bump

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

The QU16 is a small desk, which I bought to use it for smaller events, when I don’t want to carry my iLive. Groups or DCA’s were nice to have, but I can live without them. If I really need them, I use the bigger system.

What I miss, are one or two matrix outputs, to send signals to delayed speakers. Maybe the following could work and could be done easyly with a minor software update:

It is now possible to route a mono mix of both master channels to the alternate outputs. If it’s possible to add a independent volume control and a delay to each of the alternate output channels, we get two outputs for two mono delay lines, which follow the master fader. The controls only have to be at the touch screen, because if they are set, most of the time there will be no need to change the settings.

I think that could be an easy solution and would make the desk very useful for smaller corporate events.

Greetings from Austria,

Andy

SteffenR
    Participant

I still ask for group and matrix
    group could be a fixed aux like others did it

maybe it is possible to configure the stereo mixes as Aux, Group or matrix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.