Surface Won't Boot – Stuck on White Screens

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Surface Won't Boot – Stuck on White Screens

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bill in TN Bill in TN 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jonathan
    Jonathan
    Participant

I think our S7000 surface died. Luckily we can use an iPad with just the rack. I wanted to try a factory reset on the surface but I can’t even get anything to display on the screens to follow A&H’s reset procedure. The screens just show white from the time it’s powered on.

I’ve unplugged everything and tried to power it standalone to no avail. I’m going to look at it some more this afternoon. Anyone have any thoughts on what the issue might be?

Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

Sorry to hear that it isn’t working. The symptom seems like the surface isn’t communicating to the rack. Make sure that the network cable is good and plugged into the correct ports.

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hi Jonathan,

The best thing to do in this situation is to ensure that there are no network devices attached to the network ports, no IO cards fitted and allow the console to sit for 15mins on boot.

If it still isn’t booting, you can connect a VGA monitor, you may be able to see an external monitor until you can get it repaired.

What part of the world are you based in? The best thing to do is to get in contact with your local distributor for further assistance.

Jack

Jonathan
    Participant

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve tried all that, minus the 15 minute wait-time. I’ll give that a try tomorrow.

I’m in the US. I’ve already reached out to American Music and Sound, but waiting to hear back as it was the weekend when I left a message.

Profile photo of Bill in TN
    Bill in TN
    Participant

Hello,

I wonder if this was resolved and how. Our first issue was last night with our S7000 which will not boot up. White screen and then nothing. We also tried all the steps suggested including disconnecting everything but the power cord and waiting and waiting… multiple reboots… nothing 🙁

We moved our Dante card for the wireless and our access point to the mix rack and we can run fine with Director at least for now.

My music minister made some contacts for support through links and American Music got right back to him suggesting maybe the cable from the power supply to the SBC. I will try reseating this cable but they are kind enought to plan to send a new one. I assume it will not be difficult to figure this out. Not that intimidated to open up the console.

Any advice or similar experiences out there ?

Jonathan
    Participant

So we ended up having to send ours into AMS and they replaced the SBC. I tried re-seating the cables as well and that did not help. Repair ended up costing about $2000 after getting a rental and shipping the original unit. Works great now!

Just out of curiosity, how long have you had the surface?

Bill in TN
    Participant

Summer 2018 we installed everything and it has not moved since. Hopeful we do not have to send the whole thing in and that they will agree to send us the component they believe has failed if this first suggestion doesn’t take care of it.

Bill in TN
    Participant

I meant to follow up…

American Music and Sound sent us a new cable that was nothing more than a 4 conductor jumper between the two touchscreens. I did NOT see anything wrong with the old cable but it resolved the issue. Their response and support was very good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.