Surface Reset to Factory

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Surface Reset to Factory

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 7 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ben
    Ben
    Participant

I had my S7000 reset back to factory setting mid show this past weekend. I was running FoH and in a moment, the lights flicked over to default, all channels were muted, the routing returned to default and all channel labels were gone. I had complete silence mid song. I had to recall my last mix and waited for it to come back up. I was out for 2-3 minutes. I am on firmware 1.40 and it’s really the first time I’ve had any kind of glitch with the system. The system was installed last September. I am being asked questions about the outage and I don’t have any answers at this point…

Profile photo of Ben
    Ben
    Participant

Never mind. It would appear my monitor engineer did a scene recall with an inadvertent palm touch.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I know that feeling- did once on R72, remaining 10 minutes of souncheck were shortest 10 minutes in my life. Now I double and triple check the scene buttons are disabled.

ddff

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

I had a similar thing happen to me on a Yamaha M7-CL: We were sound checking and the house-tech was helping me out. After a 40 minute sound check, we were finished and he said he would save the mix for me. Unfortunately he hit “Recall” and totally erased the mix. It only took 20 minutes the second time around to manually get all the settings put back in.

-Mark

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I had a similar thing happen to me on a Yamaha M7-CL: We were sound checking and the house-tech was helping me out. After a 40 minute sound check, we were finished and he said he would save the mix for me. Unfortunately he hit “Recall” and totally erased the mix. It only took 20 minutes the second time around to manually get all the settings put back in.

-Mark

You should have just hit undo on the M7. Does the dLive have an undo function?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Does the undo work for show recall?

ddff

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

undo only for scene recall I think

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Sorry, I ment scene recall undo on Yamaha. Is it actually working?

ddff

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

as far as I remember not on M7CL

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Sorry, I ment scene recall undo on Yamaha. Is it actually working?

ddff

Why would you think it doesn’t work? Yamaha has Store and Recall Undo on all their modern digital consoles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Because I saw a poor guy in festival who loaded default scene on M7 and after a 2 minutes panic went to analog desk, repatched inputs and started all over. So I guess if undo was available we would act different. I’m not really familiar with Yamaha, so cannot comment.

ddff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.