Surface "half" locked up

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Surface "half" locked up

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dylanwhite dylanwhite 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dylanwhite
    dylanwhite
    Participant

Hi,

I am experiencing an intermittent issue where half of the surface locks up.

The fader banks are still responsive (i.e. pushing faders works) (I can’t remember if I tried changing layers, I don’t think I did) and the softkeys I have for scene control (Go, Next, Previous) are functional. But the touchscreens become unresponsive and completely frozen. None of the buttons down the right hand side of the screen respond. Another symptom is that the scribble strips change the text randomly / don’t update when I change scene (DCA names for a theatre show).

We are at a loss as to what is causing this. The only thing that we can see in the onboard logs is that an iPad that was connected to MixPad lost connection to the access point around the same time the surface locked up. This has been the same for 3 times now. It seems unlikely that a device losing connection to the DM64 would cause an issue like this?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

dylanwhite
    Participant

Could this be ID4006 that was fixed in 1.83?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

this could be a network issue… if it’s happen again try to unplug the control network for some seconds
    if that resolves the freeze the something is wrong with your control network…

maybe the mentioned iPad is doing something terrible in the background…?

dylanwhite
    Participant

I had tried replugging the network (and Dante card) while it was locked. Nothing helped. This was on 1.81 firmware. Since updating to 1.88 the issue has not come back.

I managed to get the surface into a similar “half” locked state by assigning a softkey to “Go” and pressing it quickly 15-20 times to trigger through some scenes (the recall filter was only updating DCA/Group/FX routing, fader level, and DCA name – so not a lot of params). This would cause a lock up that it would not recover from. After updating to 1.88 doing the same thing was fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.