Supported I/O Expanders

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Supported I/O Expanders

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of conrad conrad 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mathias
    mathias
    Participant

Hello,

currently using a GLD with its ecosystem, what configurations of I/O expanders are supported?

Reading the borchures i gather that all 48 kHz dSnake Expanders (AR2412, AB168, AR84) are supported.
    Can all 3 of them be hooked up sequentially in a bus-like topology (Avantis <-> AR2412 <-> AB168 <-> AR84) or what other configurations are supported by the avantis firmware and the dSnake protocol?

Thank you very much for clarification.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mathias,

In dSnake mode, the SLink port on Avantis (like the SLink port on SQ) will support up to two AR/AB devices in a chain, specifically:
    – An AR2412 or AB168 as the first device in the chain
    – An AB168 or AR84 as the second device in the chain

This is a limitation of the dSnake protocol (which Avantis happens to support) rather than the mixer.

Profile photo of cmaus
    cmaus
    Participant

Hello Nicola,

Am I understanding correctly that if I’m using an AR2412 as the first device, that I can only have one AR84 or an AB168? I couldn’t have 2 AR84 units after the AR2412 to get 40 inputs? Is it possible to connect 2 AR2412 units? One as device 1 and one as device 2 to get 48 inputs?

Thanks,

Cory

Profile photo of conrad
    conrad
    Participant

One AR2412 and one AB168 gives you 40 inputs and 20 outputs. That’s the most you can get on one dSnake link.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.