SuperDante Card

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions SuperDante Card

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Storm Mike Storm 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BerndVP
    BerndVP
    Participant

Hi,

Didn’t find directly a topic.

But are there some plans for making a Dante Card with 128 i/o at 96khz ?

Regards,

Bernd

Profile photo of pete.j
    pete.j
    Participant

Hi Bernd,

the answer is “ask Audinate”. DANTE-Cards of every brand always have to use the same DANTE-Chip from Audinate. At the moment they only have a 64×64 Chip. So as long Audinate doesn’t design a chip with more channels, there will be no A&H Card or Card from any other brand.
    With SoundGrid, MADI, GigaACE this cards already exist, so it’s not about A&H in this case.

Best Peter

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

The chip should exist already since Focusrite and Yamaha PCI cards are 128ch and 96k.

ddff

SteffenR
    Participant

the chip is a Xilinx Spartan FPGA so it’s not that special

Profile photo of pete.j
    pete.j
    Participant

Audinate DANTE Brooklyn II is 64 Channels, Boadway is 16 Channels and Ultimo is 4 Channels and these are the chips (as far as I know) for 3rd party developers.

The DANTE PCIe cards from yamaha and focusrite are the same in my knowledge and OEM.

But that’s only what I heard/know from the market …

Regards Peter

SteffenR
    Participant

just whats written on the Audinate website about DanteHC

High Channel Count, High Capacity, High Performance

Audinate’s tradition of creating innovative and cutting-edge solutions continues, with the introduction of Dante HC™, the industry’s highest-capacity networked audio solution for professional AV systems. Dante HC supports up to 512 x 512 redundant bi-directional uncompressed audio channels on a single Xilinx™ FPGA. Dante HC expands Audinate’s broad portfolio of audio networking platforms, which OEMs can build upon to create cost effective AV products.

The Dante HC reference design is ideal for AV equipment products requiring high channel capacity, such as audio matrix routers, large format consoles, public address and evacuation systems and large scale DSPs.

Dante HC is a comprehensive reference design product that includes all the tools and resources required to rapidly integrate Dante into the AV manufacturer’s products, allowing high capacity networked products or Dante interface blades to be built. Applications include real-time streaming for broadcast, commercial installation, live sound, public address, intercoms and transportation communications deployments.

and I did not say that it’s widely used these days

and the Soundcard is 128×128 channels already
    https://www.audinate.com/products/manufacturer-products/dante-pcie-card

SteffenR
    Participant

I have to correct it: the Yamaha Soundcard is 128×128 with redundancy, but the Focusrite is not…64×64 with one port

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant
    Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

Steffen, the problem lies in the word ‘reference design’ I think. It’s not an OEM chipset like Brooklyn or Ultimo that you just put on a card. It’s more like a development kit and if I were to guess, licensing cost might be the issue here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.