Suggest: VIEW + Eq / Comp / Gate

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Suggest: VIEW + Eq / Comp / Gate

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michael Michael 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of crusty76
    crusty76
    Participant

Hi!
    IMO could be helpfull a function that give you the possibility to direct access eq / Comp / gate instead of Select Channel > press Processing > touch comp / eq / gate. For example:
    SELECT Channel > push VIEW + EQ / COMP, etc.

What do you think Guys?

Thanks.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

if you touch a control the screen could follow
    you have to activate it only

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

+1 This would be much easier than having to always press processing. My SQ is set to have the screen follow the physical knobs, but sometimes I just want to get to say a compressor quickly without having immediately adjust the physical threshold knob or have to go through processing. I love my SQ, but even X32 has view buttons. Pressing View + the in buttons next to comp, eq, etc.. would work for me.

Profile photo of William
    William
    Participant

+1 agreed, even if it was a setting you could turn on or off, but this would be really handy.

Profile photo of Smalldevel
    Smalldevel
    Participant

Hey SteffenR,

Are you a partner or a employer for A&

cause you always have a answer, even if you wasnt asked…..

I find its a good sugesstion. Cause the Pots are not touch sensitiv! You must turn a knob and thats not healthy for that we are looking for.

So,maybe think about the things, than answer.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

@smalldevel

I didn’t say it is a bad idea, I just said that there is a working solution already.
    and maybe the topic starter didn’t realized that this exists…

Profile photo of Smalldevel
    Smalldevel
    Participant

@steffenr

It doesnt exist. You must TURN the softrotary. Only touching is not enough. So it is a very good Idea for a softwaere solution by touching another key at the Same time to showing the preferences. Or, for the SQ Chrome series, Install some touch sensitiv rotarys.

But i ask you again, why do you always comment any post?

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi @smalldevel.

Well, Steffen does not comment every post, but a lot. And most of the time with a valid answer. And most of the time it´s a helpful answer though not always in the most polite way, I admit. So, I guess the answer to your question is: To help out the guys with a question. And rightfully so.

Cheers mate,
    André

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

After working on other consoles (like M32) I always go back to my SQ wishing I could just hold the view button and press IN or hold the view button and turn a knob (while having that knob movement not actually do anything besides change views). If you are already in processing view, then selecting channels and then touch screen isn’t bad, but on most other consoles, you can get to a channel’s comp or EQ in two steps, not three.. All those steps add up during soundcheck. Update this feature and let me label midi faders and the SQ will be truly great!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.