Subgroups

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jaykon
    jaykon
    Participant

hello
    i’m new on this desk, wanna asking how to create subgroups at ilive T112 so i can doing parallel compression for voc/drum?

regards

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Jay,

You don’t need subgroups for parallel compression on iLive. All channels have a ‘Parallel Path’ box bottom right corner of the Compressor tab. If you enable Parallel compression you can dial in the amount of Dry and Wet signal from there.

If parallel compression is required on a group of sources, than yes you can assign these sources to a subgroup. Again I would advise to use the Parallel Path in the Group channel as opposed to two separate Groups, the advantage being you are not wasting any bus or Mix Output.

To assign channels to a Group:
    – Make sure you have a Mono or Stereo Group in your Mix Config (it will be there if you recall an LR template Show)
    – Use the Surface screen or Editor to assign the Group to an available fader strip (again no need to do this if you are on a template Show)
    – Press the Mix key on the Group, hold down Assign and press the Mix keys of the channels you want to assign
    – Press the Group Mix key again to go back to LR, hold down Assign and press the Mix key of the Group to assign to LR
    – It is typical to unassign the inputs from LR when routing via a Group, to do this hold down Assign and press the Mix keys of the channels to toggle them off LR

See the User Guide, training videos or iLive Help file for more details.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of MichaelK21
    MichaelK21
    Participant

Hi!

can help to refer the link of the video tutorial to assign channel to groups?
    I’ve been checking all of the tutorial for iLive, but can’t seem to find one for assigning channels.

really appreciate for your help

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Mix button? Assign Button?
    Select the mix press and hold assign and press the corresponding channel mix button.

On these things, the getting started guide is very helpful.

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/iLive-Fixed-Format-Getting-Started-Guide-AP7141_6b.pdf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.