Sub Group

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tpaulding tpaulding 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MJPA Hire
    MJPA Hire
    Participant

I have a compressor inserted on a subgroup with vocals running through it and although the compressor is working the signal and compressor indicators on the compressor do not show any activity.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I’ll test this later today and see if I get the same result.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Update: I just sent vocals to a subgroup, and the compressor worked and indicated as expected. I would recheck all of your assignments.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

wich compressor?
    on wich I/O?

Profile photo of MJPA Hire
    MJPA Hire
    Participant

Hi. It’s a stereo sub group the vocal channels have been assigned to it. I know the assignments are good because I’ve routed the subgroup through the main left and right PA sends and turned off the individual vocal channels from the main L&R and I can hear the vocals on the PA when I move the subgroup fader up in the mix.
    Any compressor I select in the subgroup works but shows no indication of levels or compression on the meters or bar graph.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

When I tested, I did it with both a stereo and mono subgroup, and the metering on the compressors (on screen and on surface) worked as expected.

I suggest contacting support directly.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

can you do a screen shot of the compressor page at that group please…

Profile photo of tpaulding
    tpaulding
    Participant

We work in this setup all the time too. The signal that hits the compressor is impacted by the fader position on that too. You may need to look at overall gain structure/signal path. Try turning the inputs down a bit and the group fader up. This may not be ideal for live use but at least try it to see if at a higher level the meters and compressor kick in.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.