Studio One (Presonus) in lieu of Pro Tools

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Studio One (Presonus) in lieu of Pro Tools

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JD JD 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JD
    JD
    Participant

Has anyone tried using the Presonus DAW – called Studio One – instead of Pro Tools?

I have Presonus Studio One but not Pro Tools – hence the question.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’ve had a play with both, but not used either a lot. Studio One is more “basic” and quite quick to get going with, Pro Tools may be a little harder to get one’s head around – but has a lot more stuff in it. But, that’s a lot more stuff that you may never want. …. their marketing department seem to have a big budget…

I don’t use DAWs a lot, I tend to do live stuff far more than anything recorded, but if needed, I tend to reach for Audition, or Logic, depending on what needs doing.

Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

Used it last weekend to record a Men’s Conference for my church. Worked very well and interfaced seamlessly with the QU-16. Audio quality turned out a lot better than I expected it to turn out. I have not tried to do any post production of any of the singing, but have done post production of one of the sermons. I use Studio One as my only DAW since it is so easy to get to know. I normally use it in the recording chain for my church every week.

Don’t know if I would be able to help with any of your questions, but I am sure willing to help with what I know so far.

Profile photo of JD
    JD
    Participant

… that’s what I needed to know. Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.