Studio Monitors & stage Monitor mixes

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Studio Monitors & stage Monitor mixes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Harley
    Harley
    Participant

Hey everybody,
    I’m trying to run some powered monitors out of a stereo monitor mix on the Qu-16 but also trying to connect some studio monitors to the main outs on the Qu-16 but I can’t seem to figure out how to have independent control of each set of monitors.

Also my main monitors are controlled using the CH1 which means I can’t use that channel when doing studio recording. How do I connect those monitors to ST1 and the powered stage monitors from Mix5-6? I just want to be able to control each set of monitors when I need to. For some reason I can’t seem to get it done.

Thanks for the help!!!

HJ

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Did you need different mixes for each pair of monitors, or will both monitors have the same mix and you just independent level control of each?

Profile photo of Harley
    Harley
    Participant

For now all I need is independent level control but I can’t get any level to come out of either the main monitors or the front of HOF monitors.

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Does the meter bridge show signal to the channels\outputs? Is anything muted via DCA or mute group?

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Your initial post is a little confusing. Ch 1 is an input channel. ST 1 is also an input channel. Did you get your nomenclature mixed up and meant to say Mix 1 instead of Ch 1? Your Mix and LR channels are output channels. You can have your Front-Of-House (FOH) speakers come out of LR Main mix and your powered monitors can mirror the LR mix but come out of the Alt Out output. The Alt Out has a separate level control on the upper right-hand side of the console right below the Qu-Drive headphones output knob.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

And if you set Alt Out to use LR PreFade then the two are completely independent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.