Studio monitor Management

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Studio monitor Management

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Maxdrums Maxdrums 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Maxdrums
    Maxdrums
    Participant

It’s a live Desk but because of its recording and daw controller functions it must have a complete Studio monitor management functions for the studio enviroment With Mono Dim & Volume button via touchscreen and all you need to work well in the studio

Profile photo of Gary
    Gary
    Participant

Yes yes yes.

Profile photo of General
    General
    Participant

Absolutamente…

Profile photo of jdugger
    jdugger
    Participant

This could be implemented entirely as soft functions, in my opinion.

Those that wanted monitor control would dedicate some soft keys and knobs to the functions of switch monitors (probably a key to iterate through previously defined set ups) and of course control room level. Physical outputs would be designated as monitor outs, and it’s essentially just some very lightweight channel functionality on a summing bus just past whatever hit Mix-L/R.

Take a look at how Nuendo/Cubase does this and I think you would see some very good ideas for this functionality.

Profile photo of Ya-Neck
    Ya-Neck
    Participant

This.

Maxdrums
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of evankiljoy
    evankiljoy
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of jdugger
    jdugger
    Participant

There’s a few flavors of this thread in here now. Might be useful to consolidate into a “using the SQ-6 in the studio and for recording” thread.

Maxdrums
    Participant

A solo in place function please!!!

Profile photo of soak
    soak
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Everything the OP has requested is available in either the Dante or Waves card option. Please remember the SQ line’s designed limitations and price point are pointed to specifically delivering a small footprint, world class, FOH and performer monitoring. The fact remains that all possible needed optional recording opportunities beyond the SQ’s limited internal USB protocol are available via a Dante or Waves card. Loading up the SQ with any of these attractive studio features adds little or nothing to the primary operational FOH protocol the SQ was designed for.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

Put your +1 on the stereo width control thread. If that control which a lot of people want implemented had a midi address attached to it then a softkey or external midi button could be used to toggle mixes between mono and stereo.

Dim button is already possible using midi on the SQ.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

again… I will warn about the way of implementing this…
    I would like to see some features for studio use as well
    but don’t like the idea that these functions are available all the time…
    just to avoid operating errors

instead I would prefer to have it implemented as a different role like the monitor role
    where the role defines the master fader function (could be the control room level in the studio setup)
    it can additionally define the availability of the control room functionality mentioned before
    if that is possible…

and a broadcast role…!?

maybe @keithjah can say something about it…

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

What’s the problem about stereo width control on Mix Busses like it’s available on Stereo Inputs?

Do you think there are operating errors, because of the stereo width control on the inputs?

On the GUI is at Mixes and Groups Tab exact the space empty, where this controls sit on the inputs.
    So in my opinion it would be absolut LOGICAL to have there the same feature…

When I decide to use this bus in stereo, then i decide to have the same control as it is at the inputs…

The SQ is really a powerful consol – operating errors can occur everywhere…
    So why this “Warning” of this feature?

greetings,
    dd

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

What’s the problem about stereo width control on Mix Busses like it’s available on Stereo Inputs?

Do you think there are operating errors, because of the stereo width control on the inputs?

I didn’t mentioned the stereo width control at all… talking about the whole studio setup thing…
    changing the master fader, Solo in place, control room features and so on…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.