Strymon Big Sky

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Strymon Big Sky

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JonnyGold
    JonnyGold
    Participant

Hello friendly people 🙂

i’d like to ask, if it is possible to use the Strymon Big Sky (Stereo Reverb) as a send effect.
    I want to send it i.E. to the Snare, hats and synth.

Does this work?

Jonny

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of ljefe
    ljefe
    Participant

Yes, it works well. I was using it today. Send it out a stereo mix output. You’ll need to hook it up with two balanced to unbalanced cables- XLR female pin 3 (cold) to pin 1 (ground) > 1/4″ TS male. Then you just need two 1/4″ TS male to male cables to bring it back to the mixer.

It sounds so nice. Today I cleared space in the Big Sky to make presets for an upcoming project. I dialed in some beautiful rooms and halls as well as some really off the wall rhythmic reverbs.

Profile photo of JonnyGold
    JonnyGold
    Participant

Thank you for the quick answer!
    I don’t have the qu-16 but i buy it next Week and i can’t wait anymore!!!!!!!

So it is possible to route the effects to separate tracks, right?

I love the Big Sky to! I use it for my Analog Keys and my Guitar. But i want to use it also for my Analog Rytm to get some nice percussive rooms.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes, you burn I/O to do so, but it’s perfectly possible.

The additional digital delay shouldn’t be of concern, but watch for comb filtering.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.