Streaming

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Streaming

This topic contains 85 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of raycarroll03 raycarroll03 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of raycarroll03
    raycarroll03
    Participant

Williams hear systems for people of hard hearing the cand wear headphones with volume adjustment

raycarroll03
    Participant

He guys still having issues with pastors mic. Have his mic to set up on 0 peaking at +3db and sounds great in house and using the pafal on stream it is hitting around -12 to -18. You may have told me what to do do not reminder it is driving me crazy Added reverb and on accoutics and voices and sounded better.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Bring up the live stream mix send level on the pastor’s mic channel.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@raycarroll03

got an error message trying to watch the video
    not sure if it is utoob problem or whether the live stream was not posted or …..

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Ray
    you can double your pastors mic on a second channel and compress and EQ this only for the stream
    you should turn this channel off in the house and the house channel should be off in the stream
    and then it’s easy to bring up that mic on the stream only and to fit the level and the sound better to the stream
    if you build a gang for the mutes you can turn them on and off together

but I have to say it sounds very good, just the level could be more…

@williamadams
    plays on my system without problems

volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

Sometimes they play ok for me later on.
    Not sure if it is my wifi bandwidth or the video was not actually active on utoob then.

Sometimes I have to go to utoob first not just use the link from the church website to get it to play.

raycarroll03
    Participant

Was wondering if someone could give me some feed back on this Sunday’s Video. Was able on Saturday to sit down with every member of the praise team and made some eq adjustments on instruments and vocal mics. So also worked on some compression again after changes. Sounds better to me but I value your input and suggestions. Have learned a lot and starting to understand things you all have suggested me to do. I have found my joy again in running sound for my church. Thanks again.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvEpf9zH1vs
    Ray Carroll

volounteer
    Participant

@raycarroll03

the actual livestream video starts after the announcements with no sound
    – would be nice to have some sound with the slides to adjust pc speakers with

sounds plenty good enough to me once it started – slight delay in starting after pastor came out

pastor good and loud enough at first — later needed boost after the praise team
    praise team good but louder than initial pastor and I had to turn it down a bit
    good video quality – is that 60fps ??

note: as I told our MD and A1 who are obsessive about tweaking the sound to get it ‘better’
    99% of the audience does not care as long as it is loud enough to be intelligible and sounds okay

note also that what we hear on our pc speakers will not be what they hear in the nave

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You painted the back wall!

I agree you need some walk in music playing while the announcement slides are running.

Overall is sounds pretty good.

With listening to headphones again I did notice some low to almost sub frequency rumble in the background before the band would start playing.
    Check you high pass filters on the input channels, every channel should the HPF turned
    on and set as needed for the instrument.

As mentioned earlier I would do a channel split/double patch on the pastors mic.
    If he was using a headset you most likely would be OK but with a lapel you need to get
    a little more aggressive with the channel EQ.
    Splitting that mic input between two channels would let you keep one for the main PA and the second channel processed just for the live stream feed with less EQ and maybe a bit more compression.
    As far as controlling both channels you could gang them together or assign them to a DCA.

raycarroll03
    Participant

High pass filters are on. The hum we found out it is coming from our keyboard and piano mics. Changed cables and the hum went away from the keyboard buy not the piano. What is a good rule of thumb for high-pass filter for voices and instruments? Have I it the pteachers mic on 2 channels on for house and recording. Will turn up gain some more. Thanks for the feed back.
    Ray

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

High pass filters are on. The hum we found out it is coming from our keyboard and piano mics. Changed cables and the hum went away from the keyboard buy not the piano. What is a good rule of thumb for high-pass filter for voices and instruments? Have I it the pteachers mic on 2 channels on for house and recording. Will turn up gain some more. Thanks for the feed back.
    Ray

Are you using a direct box on the keyboard output and for that matter any other direct connected instrument inputs? It look like most of the instruments are going direct so they should have a DI box between the instrument and the system input.

What mics are on the piano? Mics themselves rarely cause hum unless they setting on top of large power supply and even then a lot of them will not “hum”, condenser mics can be a little more sensitive to picking up interference that could sound like hum.

In general high pass filter setting (and this depends a lot on your systems low frequency capability) is turn up the HPF frequency on an input till you hear the sound
    start to thin out and them lower the HPF frequency back down some.

As for rule of thumb HPF frequencies and again depends on your sound system, band playing style. If your sound system is just a couple 15inch two way speakers you will want to raise some of the low frequency instruments HPF a little higher.
    Actually on the system end of things the system should already have system wide HPF in place based on the system capability for low frequency protection.

-Male voice – 90hz
    -Female voice – 120hz
    -Lapel mic – 100hz
    -Bass gtr – 35-40hz if it’s a 5 string 30hz
    -Electric gtr – 80-100hz
    -Acoustic gtr – 80-100hz
    -Keyboard – 80hz
    -Acoustic piano – 50-60hz in your setting
    -Kick drum – 35-40hz
    -Snare – 100hz
    -Rack toms – 80-100hz depending on size
    -floor toms – 50-80 depending on size

raycarroll03
    Participant

The keyboard is using a cable with 2 RCA plugs to 1/4 jack going into a direct box and the piano is using Shure cducer mics that are taped under the bottom. Could a frequency in the eq cause a hum? Thanks for the numbers and play with it for each person.

volounteer
    Participant

@raycarroll03

hum is a relatively low frequency like 60 or 120 but could possibly be higher harmonics.
    normally caused by power supply issues due to coupling into other inputs, possibly aggravated by the sockets wiring and grounding.

EQ does not cause a hum but could make it more noticeable.

we had hum when there was a cable box across the stage with nothing plugged in, or a DI box on it with nothing plugged in the DI.
    coiling the cord and placing it to the side solved our hum problem

There are DI boxes that are designed to stop hum using a ground lift or other change to the circuit.

Now if you TAPE mikes under the piano then perhaps the piano is causing them to vibrate at a hum like freq.

We put our piano mikes on stands and they sit over the strings under the lid. No hum on our mikes.
    If your piano is really a keyboard then again we put a mike on a stand over the keyboard which is also used by the MD.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The keyboard is using a cable with 2 RCA plugs to 1/4 jack going into a direct box and the piano is using Shure cducer mics that are taped under the bottom. Could a frequency in the eq cause a hum? Thanks for the numbers and play with it for each person.

Cducer is a contact mic brand, maybe at on time Shure sold them under their name kind of like they did or still do Countryman mics.

The few Cducer mics I’ve seen used a preamp interface to go from the pick up tape section to the balanced line output, the lines from the pickup are high unbalanced high impedance from what is more or less a piezo pick up in the tape on sections.
    Those lines to pick up hum from nearby equipment, how do you have those lines ran routed to the interface, maybe move them around and see if the hum changes.

On the keyboard what type DI are you using? If it’s just a standard mono DI with two 1/4 inch jacks your most likely shorting the two outputs from the keyboard together at the DI, it works but it’s not best! The two 1/4 jacks are used one as an input and the other as a loop thru output.
    Some DI’s like the Radial JDI while a mono DI have a mono summing option to take a stereo signal and sum it to mono through a resistor network in the DI.
    If your using a stereo DI then your already set.

raycarroll03
    Participant

The direct box that we are using for keyboard is a Mackie MDB 2P Stereo. The piano mics are called cducer and we have had them for years. Would the cord for the keyboard plugged in to the same stage box would that cause so interference? Have also heard the hum and a hissing sound like white noise on my pc today would that cause hissing noise in the main speakers too? Thanks for all your help/

Ray

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.